exile 3 in xp

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: exile 3 in xp
Apprentice
Member # 6823
Profile #0
help! i can't get exile 3 to run in windows xp. when i start it, it comes up blank and when i close it it says that the 16 bit subsystem is unstable. is there any way to get exile to work in windows xp? :( :( :( :(
Infiltrator
Member # 5991
Profile Homepage #1
Right click the E3 icon,click on properties,then click on the compatibility tab,then check the box that says run in compatibility mode then tell it to run in win98/me.

--------------------
George Bush is a Nazi - Eric Cartmen

I'm not as think you stoned I am
Visit the RIFQ Forums
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #2
I had the same problem, it happened with all the Exiles, but after a bit of time messing around with the prefrences (compatibility mode, display settings) I managed to get it to work, although for the life of me I can't remember what it was I did. :confused:

EDIT: No fair, that wasn't there when I hit reply.

[ Wednesday, February 22, 2006 10:28: Message edited by: Infernal666hate ]

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Warrior
Member # 656
Profile Homepage #3
I'm having the same problem, and I've been messing with the compatibility settings and can't figure it out. If someone who knows what the settings need to be could post how to get these to work, that'd be great. Thanks
Posts: 127 | Registered: Wednesday, February 20 2002 08:00
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #4
With me it all worked fine. I just hit the icon of exile, it opened up and I could play it. I was just so extremely dissappointed that the Exile 1 music wasn't there.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Infiltrator
Member # 5991
Profile Homepage #5
Read my above post for compatibility help.

-Thralni I thought only the mac versions of E1 and E2 had music,does the windows version have music also?

[ Friday, February 24, 2006 12:33: Message edited by: The Kraken ]

--------------------
George Bush is a Nazi - Eric Cartmen

I'm not as think you stoned I am
Visit the RIFQ Forums
Apprentice
Member # 3664
Profile Homepage #6
quote:
Originally written by The Kraken:

-Thralni I thought only the mac versions of E1 and E2 had music,does the windows version have music also?
Exactly, the Windows versions don't have the music. That was the whole point of what he said. It was a drag for me too, I played the demos first on Mac and then got the full games after switching to Windows, and the music was gone.

[ Monday, February 27, 2006 20:00: Message edited by: Feathin Silyar ]

--------------------
*Child of Feanor*