Serious Script Problem

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Serious Script Problem
Apprentice
Member # 6590
Profile #0
Oh man. My game somehow got very screwed up and I didn't do anything. I am at the point in the game right after you kill the Vahnatai and come back to Formello and see the shade. Now I am getting the following message:
Dialouge Script Error: in line 167

Notice there is a scape or two after the colon, making me think something the only problem is a space somewhere. Note that I have not modded any scripts in this game, but I have done other ones so I kinda know what's wrong.
Now all I get when I talk to people is a blank. No words or anything. All I see is that I am able to exit the conversation.

My real question is where is the Dialouge script? Is it in the save game or is it in the script folder? If so, which one is it. If anyone is having problems like this or can help, please reply.
(Oh, and I'm just playing demo, but >>was<< planning on getting the full game)
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
The file you want is z122formeldlg.txt in the Scripts folder.

Odd that you're getting an error in line 167, though. Assuming that BBEdit's line count matches A4's, line 167 should only be run after you kill the shade.

All I can suggest is that you try leaving the area and returning after getting the error, and see if that fixes things.

[ Wednesday, December 21, 2005 16:21: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #2
Hmmm. This never happened to me, but Darkstrike I really think this is more of a question for the Tech Support.

--------------------
Constitutional monarchies are the in monarchies.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #3
Or, you could just email Jeff. That might be a good idea, particularly if the bug doesn't go away.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Apprentice
Member # 6590
Profile #4
Well it doesn't go away or anything when I go to a different sector. And there really isn't a space in line 167, except
if(gf(40,11) > 0)
xxxxxxxxx^ ^ here and here. :confused:

It's kind of silly. I am thinking about just going to the castle in the darkness and getting the wand, or however you do it, and making that little thread come true. If that doesn't work, Ill just reinstall A4 hoping that will fix it. If a mod or someone knows what's up please help.

[ Wednesday, December 21, 2005 19:13: Message edited by: Darkstrike ]
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #5
E-mailing Jeff might be the best thing to do from here. Include a save file from which you can reproduce the error and exact instructions about how to do it.

There's nothing obvious wrong with the script.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00