two computer problems

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: two computer problems
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #0
My CD drive no longer spins disks in order to read them. Is there any way to fix this without replacing any computer parts?

[ Saturday, August 27, 2005 10:17: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest ]

--------------------
-Zephyr Tempest, your personal entertainer
Shock Trooper
Member # 6068
Profile #1
I don't think so. Something probably just... snapped. More information, please?

--------------------
"Sometimes I get all hungry!
And then I catch some flies!
They fly into my webs!
They are really yummy guys!"
-Spider
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #2
Any computer component with moving parts will fail fairly often. All disk drives have moving parts. Therefore, they will fail fairly often. Unless you have a good reason to suspect it's a software problem, it's probably a hardware problem and fixing it will involve replacing parts. Sorry.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #3
I had this problem just a little bit ago, and the problem was matter of fact the disk drive itself, as Thuryl said. If other CDs won't work either, you can't blame it on the game. I got a new CD drive, and everything works fine now.

--------------------
-ben4808
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #4
There is another problem. After uninstalling a game,
my computer reported that it had 2.3 gigabytes of space left. Then, after restarting my computer to attempt to get it to read a CD, it reported that it had 1.18 gigabytes left (and after download a file that was 105 megabytes). What could have caused this sudden drop in avaliable space? I didn't install anything and the downloaded file was not large enough to take up 1.12 gigabytes.

--------------------
-Zephyr Tempest, your personal entertainer