Exile III not starting

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Exile III not starting
Apprentice
Member # 5687
Profile #0
I am on windows XP, and exile 3 is not loading. It's just an empty window, and nothing happens. When I try to close it, it tells me that the 16-bit subsystem may be unstable, whatever that means. anybody know what to do?
Infiltrator
Member # 5567
Profile Homepage #1
I had almost the same problem with BoE char Editor, on Mac. It came up as a blank window and I solved it by turning to monitor from Millions of colours to the amount of colours BoE wanted (I forget what). Try that.

EDIT: It might not work for you poor Windows users. Buy a Mac!

[ Sunday, April 24, 2005 00:59: Message edited by: JadeWolf ]

--------------------
How many shapers are there?
Why is Drypeak controlled by Zakary?
Why is Barzahl a Guardian?
How does the Geneforge work?
What's as small as nothing?
Why am I asking stupid questions?
--------------------------------
Shaper teacher : "DON'T TOUCH THAT!"
BOOM!!
apprentice :*little voice* "Sorry..."
---------------------------
CSM RIFQ
Neopets Do join, it's fun. Do you know what is the answer to the greatest question ever? It's here.
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #2
quote:
Originally written by Jellyfish:

I am on windows XP, and exile 3 is not loading. It's just an empty window, and nothing happens. When I try to close it, it tells me that the 16-bit subsystem may be unstable, whatever that means. anybody know what to do?
I had that problem when I first "upgraded" to an XP box from my beloved 95 box. Amazingly, I did what the people say, and downloaded the latest sound drivers; it actually worked like they said it would.

Other factors that may account for my successfully running E3/E2/E1 on XP: on the shortcut properties, I selected run in compatability mode (W95 compatability). Plus I have found Exile is a bit less likely to crash on startup if you've "warmed up" the sound drivers using Avernum first.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4