Download problems

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Download problems
Agent
Member # 366
Profile #0
I've been playing Exile on a Mac for years, and just got a new PC which I've tried to download Blades onto. Unfortunately, everytime I try to install it says my autoexec file doesn't support programs for windows and dos (or words to that effect). The first time I tried I managed to install and play, which then crashed my computer completely and I had to do a system restore. Now it won't even let me install the basic program that you download. Any ideas?

--------------------
I say never be complete. I say stop being perfect. I say let's evolve. Let the chips fall where they may.
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #1
I guess that your OS is Windows XP. Try this link for support:
How to troubleshoot program compatibility issues in Windows XP

--------------------
Polaris
Rache's A3 Site reformatted 2/3 done
Rache's A3 Site, original version
Warrior
Member # 3035
Profile Homepage #2
ummm just a thought, are you sure your installing the windows version?

--------------------
Geneforge 3 Trainer for windows.
[NEWEST v.0.9 ~~ Trainer D/L Here (.zip, 103kb)
Infiltrator
Member # 4256
Profile #3
Yeah a couple of us XP users are having trouble, and that link..... well it really didn't help me
but hey nothing better to suggest

Oh here is the actuall site for this specific problem- Right HERE

[ Thursday, November 18, 2004 19:10: Message edited by: m's avatar ]

--------------------
"Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are false'."
Agent
Member # 366
Profile #4
Thanks for all your help, but I need more! (sorry).
Reconfiguring my autoexec and config files fixed the autoexec but shifted the problem to the config, and nothing I did would remove the problem. Seems that changing the config mended the autoexec and vice versa, but nothing would do both. I think the problem is autoexec in my c:\I386 folder. Anyone with some computer knowledge would really be in my good books right now! Thankyou

--------------------
I say never be complete. I say stop being perfect. I say let's evolve. Let the chips fall where they may.
Warrior
Member # 3698
Profile Homepage #5
Here are some things that I would do:

1. restart your comuter

3. if that doesn't work then re-install Exile.

2. if those two things don't work then archive all of your stuff onto DVDs or CDs. Re-Install the system. THIS IS LAST RESORT!

Hope his helps

P. S. Question: Is this the first Exile?

P. P. S. Question: Why did you leave Mac?

--------------------
Hi. Why is the universe so BIG? Why am I human? How come hot dogs come in packages of 10 and buns 8? This will all be solved in time young padawan. Your quest for the ultimate Aztec manuer is coming to a climax. May the force be with you!!!
······························································
This is where I want you to click! Rate me! Ha Ha
Check out some cool Mac OS X Apps that were made by me here!
10101 Software - You can take my iMac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the wireless mouse!
Agent
Member # 366
Profile #6
I've reinstalled Exile about 6 times. Everytime I change something I reinstall and try again.
How would I go about reinstalling my system?

And the reason I switched from Mac is because I moved out of my parents house and the computer they got me for my birthday happened to be a PC.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 3698
Profile Homepage #7
You can take my Mac once you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse . . .

On a mac re-installing is really easy, but you have Windows :( . . .
Do you have a system disk (CD)? If you do then you should just be able to pop that little baby in there and follow the on-screen instructions.

If not you may need to contact Microsoft here.

[ Thursday, November 25, 2004 12:52: Message edited by: Tbg10101 ]

--------------------
Hi. Why is the universe so BIG? Why am I human? How come hot dogs come in packages of 10 and buns 8? This will all be solved in time young padawan. Your quest for the ultimate Aztec manuer is coming to a climax. May the force be with you!!!
······························································
This is where I want you to click! Rate me! Ha Ha
Check out some cool Mac OS X Apps that were made by me here!
10101 Software - You can take my iMac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the wireless mouse!