Jeff, I'm begging you now.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Jeff, I'm begging you now.
Shock Trooper
Member # 5181
Profile Homepage #0
Jeff, this is a very simple request:

Get rid of that godawful sound system you use.

I'm serious. Not only does it cause serious artifacting on one of my (Windows) computers, but you can't run any other programs with sound at the same time or your programs scream. I wanna use WinAmp, goshdarnit.

Heck, if you don't know how to use DirectSound, I'd write the code for you. At the very least, removing the message box that pops up EVERY TIME A SOUND PLAYS when you're using another utility would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Ed
Shock Trooper
Member # 3716
Profile #1
Bah, I like the sounds, the ones with the sword are well made, nothing like smashing a spider with your sword :D

--------------------
"Inspiration comes from hard work" -Charles Baudelaire.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #2
Jeff doesn't read these boards much. You'd be better off emailing him, although he'll ignore you anyway.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shock Trooper
Member # 5181
Profile Homepage #3
quote:
Originally written by Marcelo:

Bah, I like the sounds, the ones with the sword are well made, nothing like smashing a spider with your sword :D
Try running the BoA editor and game at the same time and see what happens.

Answer: On Windows, errors left and right.
Warrior
Member # 3698
Profile Homepage #4
Thanks for the support ARRR-enax
quote:
Answer: On Windows, errors left and right.
:)

[ Thursday, November 25, 2004 12:58: Message edited by: Tbg10101 ]

--------------------
Hi. Why is the universe so BIG? Why am I human? How come hot dogs come in packages of 10 and buns 8? This will all be solved in time young padawan. Your quest for the ultimate Aztec manuer is coming to a climax. May the force be with you!!!
······························································
This is where I want you to click! Rate me! Ha Ha
Check out some cool Mac OS X Apps that were made by me here!
10101 Software - You can take my iMac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the wireless mouse!
Shock Trooper
Member # 5181
Profile Homepage #5
By confusing the hell out of my sound card, I managed to release BoA's stranglehold on the sound channels.

I can't get it to work for the Exile games.

Jeff, you get a "Bad Game Desginer, No Twinkie!" award.
Shock Trooper
Member # 4942
Profile #6
Arenax, if you don't like Jeff's games, and think he designs them badly, why are you here? I am also curious as to whether you will make a scenario for BoA or not. Just curious.

--------------------
Wham Bam Shizam
Shock Trooper
Member # 5181
Profile Homepage #7
quote:
Originally written by Wham Bam Shizam v 2.0:

Arenax, if you don't like Jeff's games, and think he designs them badly, why are you here? I am also curious as to whether you will make a scenario for BoA or not. Just curious.
I like his games. BoA is exceptional. I've played every one of his games and bought them all save Geneforge 1/2 and Nethergate. Nethergate is on my Christmas list.

My problem is when he uses antiquated code that breaks over half of Windows machines. He's using modern methods for graphics; why not ditch the Windows 3.1 sound code and use something modern, too?

I offered even to write it. It's trivial code.

EDIT: And yeah, I'm working on a BoA scenario at the moment. It won't get much done till the AvDialogue program is complete, though.

[ Thursday, November 25, 2004 17:56: Message edited by: ARRR-enax ]