Skills Bug in the Avernum Series

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Skills Bug in the Avernum Series
Warrior
Member # 3610
Profile #0
In some of the Avernum games, there is a bug where if you raise a stat to it's maximum (100 + modifiers) and then recieve a point in the stat from somewhere, you can then raise the stat above its maximum. Using this strategy, I have just gotten a game in Avernum 3 where I have 250 in almost all of the stats (singleton + knowledge brew + herb lore == teh roxorz!). With the editor, this is even easier. I haven't really tried to find a maximum, but it's above 500. I have seen this bug in Avernum 2 and Avernum 3. I also suspect, though I have no way of confirming my suspicions, that you you could train untrainable special stats buy managing to raise them to above 100, perhaps with 34 mind crystals. Chears!
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #1
quote:
Originally written by Dastal:

In some of the Avernum games, there is a bug where if you raise a stat to it's maximum (100 + modifiers) and then recieve a point in the stat from somewhere, you can then raise the stat above its maximum. Using this strategy, I have just gotten a game in Avernum 3 where I have 250 in almost all of the stats (singleton + knowledge brew + herb lore == teh roxorz!). With the editor, this is even easier. I haven't really tried to find a maximum, but it's above 500. I have seen this bug in Avernum 2 and Avernum 3. I also suspect, though I have no way of confirming my suspicions, that you you could train untrainable special stats buy managing to raise them to above 100, perhaps with 34 mind crystals. Chears!
There's a limit on it, I think, but it doesn't work very well, so the game just crashes if the limit is reached. Kelandon explains it quite well in his HLPM.

- Archamgi Micael

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #2
Only in BoA, though. I don't know how it works in the Trilogy, and it appears that it works somewhat differently.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00