BoA Will Not Activate

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: BoA Will Not Activate
Warrior
Member # 4230
Profile #0
I just received my copy of BoA on CD in the mail. I attempted to load it up on my old laptop, a Compaq using Win95, and everything installes just fine. But when I try to open the program after installing it I get this message,

Blades of Avernum EXE file is linked to missing export KERNEL.DLL:GetLongPathNameA

Can anyone tell me both what this means and what I can do to get around it. Please also keep in mind that the laptop in question is not connected to the internet, hence the CD, nor do I have any intention of changing that.

--------------------
If Magic is your crutch, cast it off and walk without.
Diablo 1 Manual

Truth is good manners, manners are a fiction.
Mark Twain
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #1
It's already been discussed a couple of times, most recent is here http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=000499

Bottom line, Win95 + BoA = Oh dear...
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #2
Win95 can't read long path names. I don't know, if there's a patch for this problem, but it does make me angry that spiderweb advertizes BoA for Win95 on their site without giving a hint how to solve this.

[ Saturday, October 09, 2004 07:25: Message edited by: ef ]

--------------------
Polaris
Rache's A3 Site reformatted 2/3 done
Rache's A3 Site, original version
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #3
Hmmm... if there is a patch, then http://www.windowsupdate.com/ might have it. If they don't have anything to solve it, you're going to have to upgrade m'afraid.
Infiltrator
Member # 154
Profile #4
Note that BoA works fine on Win98.

--------------------
Apparently still annoying.