reformating Drive C

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: reformating Drive C
Shock Trooper
Member # 1152
Profile Homepage #0
how do i reformat my main Hard Drive in Win2K without the disk? i recently got a new computer, and want to make my old computer a Windows 98 again.

--------------------
-Sylak
Proud Member of the Church of Devine Luchere
Way too many lifeforms are carbon-based. Put this in your signature/AIM Profile if you're not.
Agent
Member # 1104
Profile Homepage #1
I don't know if Win2k has the option, but restart in MS-DOS mode (Start-ShutDown-Restartin MS-DOS) then change your directory to be C: and then just type format c: If you don't have that option...try opening My Computer, right click on C: and click on format. Though I doubt it'll work if you don't have another hard drive...

I'll check on some more ways and will update this post if I find any...

--------------------
Austrian Alex
Shock Trooper
Member # 1152
Profile Homepage #2
Win 2K dosen't have a DOS boot-u[p option... do you think i could start up with m yWin 98 disc then format it?

--------------------
-Sylak
Way too many lifeforms are carbon-based. Put this in your signature/AIM Profile if you're not.
Agent
Member # 1104
Profile Homepage #3
Possibly, if you put your Win98 disc in and reboot your computer, it might give you an option to start the computer with the disc support. Say yes to that option. Also, if you have created a boot disc (floppy) for Win2k, that might give you that option as well when you are loading your computer. From there, it should start up and load into MS-DOS automatically. Then you should be able to format the HD.

--------------------
Austrian Alex
Shock Trooper
Member # 1152
Profile Homepage #4
the forcat command didn't work, but the Win98 setup formated the drivce for me.

--------------------
-Sylak