Soldier's Girl (AKA Installation Problems)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Soldier's Girl (AKA Installation Problems)
Shock Trooper
Member # 44
Profile Homepage #0
The story so far:

I once had Exile III and Avernum II. Then my hardrive was erased. And then I didn't have them anymore.

And then to compensate, I got Avernum III on my new computer. And then, through a series of wacky events, my dad absconded with my computer. So no more Avernum III.

And then, I got a new computer! So I decided to finally look into getting the games back. So I e-mailed Spiderweb, and my orders were to re-download the games.

So I did. And then, when I tried to open them, i wuz like omg wtf y wont it install? i wuz confused becase it kept sayin how i needed to insert a disk and i couldnt install it. and tehn i mad a topic on this message board about it.

I use Windows XP. Windows XP is a form of operating system that I use. BUT THE GAMES WONT INSTALL GRRRRR :(

So tell me how.

--------------------
I've spent over $100 on Spidweb games, to date. And I've lost every one of them! Except BoE, which is on a disk, thankfully...
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #1
I overheard windows xp requires a certain directx version. 9.0, I think. Perhaps that may be your problem? I have a game where if your date isn't set correctly, the game could crash during play.

--------------------
-Zephyr Tempest, your personal entertainer
Shock Trooper
Member # 44
Profile Homepage #2
I had somehow downloaded AIII before on this computer (and deleted it), but now when I run the installation it asks for a disk which I don't own.....

--------------------
I've spent over $100 on Spidweb games, to date. And I've lost every one of them! Except BoE, which is on a disk, thankfully...
Infiltrator
Member # 760
Profile #3
quote:
Originally posted by Zephyr Tempest, The Windwarrior:
I overheard windows xp requires a certain directx version. 9.0, I think. Perhaps that may be your problem? I have a game where if your date isn't set correctly, the game could crash during play.
Win XP doesnt require a certain DirectX version; not atleast 9.0!

Dorth Hanoy: Try redownloading the games; maybe the files were corrupted

--------------------
"The Darkness Shall Return!"
Shock Trooper
Member # 44
Profile Homepage #4
I re-downloaded EIII and AII....EIII installed all right but AII still asks for a disk.

I demand customer service.

[ Friday, June 06, 2003 09:32: Message edited by: Dorth Hanoy ]

--------------------
(TGM)
Veteran*
Member # 2286
Profile #5
e-mail Jeff then, silly.

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #6
Perhaps your computer doesn't meet the requirements. If it does, I have no idea of what's wrong.

--------------------
-Zephyr Tempest, your personal entertainer
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #7
the requirements for WinXP are greater than those for A3.

--------------------
Polaris - owns you.
Undead Theories - double U slash E
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #8
You need the special DirectX-version for WinXP which you can download from Microsoft. XP has quite a few compatibility problems, especially with games. There are toolkits available:

Windows Application Compatibility Toolkit 3.0

[ Friday, June 06, 2003 15:38: Message edited by: ef ]

--------------------
Polaris
Rache's A3 Site reformatted 2/3 done
Rache's A3 Site, original version
Infiltrator
Member # 760
Profile #9
quote:
Originally posted by ef:
You need the special DirectX-version for WinXP which you can download from Microsoft
]

WinXP doesnt need a special DirectX version! I know becose I have WinXP and I use the normal DirectX version!

Dorth Hanoy: Well as TGM said e-mail to Jeff. He propably ( :P ) knows better how to fix this

--------------------
"The Darkness Shall Return!"