Av 3 (and others) on an old mac

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Av 3 (and others) on an old mac
Apprentice
Member # 2138
Profile #0
I play either on a G4 mac and on an old PPC601/100MHz mac. On the first one, of course, all these games work fine ! But on the second, it's quite slow, from Nethergate to Av3. Still playable, but quite slow. I tried disabling sound and special effects in the preferences panel, but I don't see any differences. Is there any solution to speed up the game ? Maybe by disabling ALL the spec effects ?

PS : I hope my english is not to bad : I'm french...

--------------------
GG l'avernite, alias Glukx Ouglouk le Barbare, guerrier orc et ravageur (français) de forums. "I'm the King of the World and I've a mac!"

"The important thing about adventures, thought Mr Bunnsy, was that they shouldn't be so long as to make you miss mealtimes"
-Terry Pratchett, "Mr bunnsy has an adventure", in "The Amazing Maurice"
Shaper
Member # 22
Profile #1
You might try increasing the preferred amount of RAM for Spidweb games...
Shock Trooper
Member # 1829
Profile #2
100 MHz computers are just too plain slow to run any of the Avernum games, Nethergate or Geneforge. This is quite simply due to the fact that these games use more different graphics at the same time then any of the Exile games ever do.