Transparency

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Transparency
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #0
Upon running Avernum 3 on my PC I have noticed that the color white isn't showing up. Rather, any region which is supposed to be white is transparent. I am running it under 16bit color as the program suggested. Any Suggestions?

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
BANNED
Member # 870
Profile Homepage #1
Hmmm...I don't know but maybe try running it on full screen, non-full screen, possibly 32-bit, or maybe hope for something else to come up.

--------------------
Siganture perishes.
Infiltrator
Member # 1823
Profile Homepage #2
When you say that the colour white isnt showing, do you mean that youve plugged custom graphics into it, and you can see the terrain behind, or do you mean that white graphics are transparent to whatever is running behind the game. If it is the former, replace the white with very light grey.
If its the latter, then it beats me
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #3
As I understand it, Sullust hasn't altered any graphics. However, any occurences of white instead show whatever is behind the graphic. I think he means that characters, monsters, and items show the terrain behind them, but I could be wrong.

—Alorael, who can't think of any better solution than adding very light gray to any white areas either. It's a very strange bug.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #4
Alorael is correct, where there should be white it is transparent and shows what is under the object in question. So cave cows are yellowish in some areas and clear in the rest. It is very weird.

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris