More Help For Homeland

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: More Help For Homeland
BANNED
Member # 870
Profile Homepage #0
I recently downloaded it and the start the mouse moves very slow and when you move into formation and all that. The whole game runs fine, though. Even when you save\load games it slows down to a really irritatingly slow, choppy movement that you get really tired of pretty quick.

However, if I download Microsoft's Direct X(8.0, I think) would it make the part go better?

I mean, I save a LOT and I mean a LOT. Especially the woody part with a whole bunch of snakes because I don't want to die and lose all of those skins. I'm saving to buy the best of the weapons for my dog(I'm going to name him Fido!)my player(Haven't decided what I'm going to name his name yet)and that one girl(What's her name? I totally forgot what it was.) I think its best to have a larger party the better because the less vulnerable you are to larger groups of snakes, large snakes, rats, and especially SCORPIONS! I hate those things. By the shore they always gang up on my group and kill the life out of them. Otherwise, they are pretty easy if you take them on one by one.

Just so you know, I know where to get direct X 8.0 or the latest version so don't bother telling me the website. But, anyway, I hope someone answers my question. Cause I don't want to download that for nothin!

*Thanks for any help.*

--------------------
Siganture perishes.
Master Jeweller
Member # 409
Profile Homepage #1
If you have any windows problems such as this one then downloading the latest versions of everything
would be my first suggestion towards fixing them.
Isn't the girl named Keegan?

--------------------
This is the Tokyo Police Cataclysm Division!
Please flee in terror in an orderly manner.
-- Megatokyo

Pieter Simoons aka Radiant

Official Crystal Shard and SubTerra webpage
BANNED
Member # 870
Profile Homepage #2
I can't get directx for XP!
(I just noticed that)

[ Tuesday, September 03, 2002 07:33: Message edited by: Shaper Master ]

--------------------
Siganture perishes.
Infiltrator
Member # 760
Profile #3
What do you mean that you cannot get DirectX for XP? DO you mean that Microsoft site says that its for 98 or other but not to XP? Try to use Windows Update, it should be located there

--------------------
"The Darkness Shall Return!"
Lifecrafter
Member # 1150
Profile Homepage #4
Yes, the girl is named Keegan.

--------------------
"To sit in solemn silence on a dull dark dock/in a pestilential prison with a lifelong lock/awaiting the sensation of a short sharp shock/from a cheap and chippy chopper on a big black block."
Visit The Kavern webpage, host of Phoenix and Polaris, and home of a soon-to-be famous writing center!
Canned
Member # 1248
Profile #5
Has anyone ever beaten Homeland?

--------------------
Tails MSN Hot-Mail Address --- WWEsports@hotmail.com
BANNED
Member # 870
Profile Homepage #6
quote:
Originally posted by Wizard:
What do you mean that you cannot get DirectX for XP? DO you mean that Microsoft site says that its for 98 or other but not to XP? Try to use Windows Update, it should be located there
I see. Thank you.

Tails: Have you? Try answering this: at the part to light up the braziers, how do you light up the northernmost 2?

--------------------
Siganture perishes.
Canned
Member # 1248
Profile #7
I could never figure that part out. The room always seems dark all the time and I can't get past the north section myself. I stopped playing the game when I couldn't figure it out...

--------------------
BANNED
Member # 870
Profile Homepage #8
Maybe it's with the lever. I pulled it and it won't move any more.

--------------------
Siganture perishes.
Canned
Member # 1248
Profile #9
Shouldn't this topic be moved to General or Misc. or something?

By the way, Shaper Master, how did you get the title "Canned Member"?

--------------------
BANNED
Member # 870
Profile Homepage #10
I'm
quote:
Special

--------------------
Siganture perishes.
Lifecrafter
Member # 1150
Profile Homepage #11
The title "canned" is given to members who frequently make unnecessary spamming posts for the purpose of raising their post counts. Usually, these posts are incoherent and irrelevant to the subject matter, or consist of just one word.

--------------------
"To sit in solemn silence on a dull dark dock/in a pestilential prison with a lifelong lock/awaiting the sensation of a short sharp shock/from a cheap and chippy chopper on a big black block."
Visit The Kavern webpage, host of Phoenix and Polaris, and home of a soon-to-be famous writing center!
Infiltrator
Member # 1817
Profile #12
Gee, looking at the post above that, I cannot imagine why he would have gotten that title...
Shock Trooper
Member # 565
Profile #13
they should have a page set up for this game like they do with exile and nethergate, don't you think?
also they need a hint book or an editor, cause i'm forever getting killed :(

--------------------
If there is no light at the end of the tunnel, stride down there and turn the damm thing on yourself!

people often tell me i've lost my mind, but i tell them i have to have one to lose it!

lions and tigers and bears, oh my!
BANNED
Member # 870
Profile Homepage #15
quote:
Originally posted by Lady J:
The title "canned" is given to members who frequently make unnecessary spamming posts for the purpose of raising their post counts. Usually, these posts are incoherent and irrelevant to the subject matter, or consist of just one word.
Yep. My brother goes on here sometimes. I do that sometimes but hardly ever just ONE word.

§-My other post wasn't considered spam, was it?

EDIT:I have to edit it to get my sig back, right? :D

[ Tuesday, September 10, 2002 15:54: Message edited by: Shaper Master ]

--------------------
Siganture perishes.
Canned
Member # 1248
Profile #16
I also used to make a whole bunch of spamming post comments myself and I never got the "Canned" title...

POST EDIT: Just wanted to edit this post to test out my new signature...

[ Thursday, September 12, 2002 08:17: Message edited by: Tails ]

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 1150
Profile Homepage #17
I wouldn't brag about that if I were you Tails. Drakey and others do read this board, you know, and all things can be remedied...

--------------------