Shen (spoiler)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Shen (spoiler)
Warrior
Member # 4084
Profile #0
A rebel guy named Shen told me all about how the rebels use a cave to get into their camp... I think I found that cave; is it the one in the "rebel Peninsula?" I disarmed the traps and went back a gazillion times there but i still can't find an entrance to the back of the rebel camp... am i at the right spot?

--------------------
"Military justice is to justice what military music is to music" -G.M.
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #1
If that's the cave I am thinking of, you have to go all the way through from stairs in bottom left of the map to stairs in the top right of the map. After going up those stairs, you'll find yourself in the opposide corner of the top map. The entrance to rebel camp is the north exit of the top map.

Or you could avoid worrying about the cave system and just fight your way through the top map if you are strong enough.

[ Tuesday, April 04, 2006 15:05: Message edited by: Zeviz ]

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Warrior
Member # 4084
Profile #2
that entire area where the cave is is cleared out.

I just thought that when Shen said that it was an entrance to the camp i thought she meant actually INSIDE the camp, in a different map altogether. The reason is 'cause I wanna get behind the camp...

--------------------
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #3
If you are trying to get into restricted part of the camp without angering the rebels, the only way to do it is to sneak in. Save often into different save slots and rush from building to building, leaving your pets in an allowed area and making sure the guards don't see you. The guards move along sertain paths, so if they catch you, just reload and wait for them to go by, hiding inside or behind a building. That area took a lot of reloading for me.

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Warrior
Member # 4084
Profile #4
that's exactly what I've been trying to do... but it's hard! having fun though... ;)

--------------------
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by Vlady:

that's exactly what I've been trying to do... but it's hard! having fun though... ;)
Go in combat mode. This will make it more easy.

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Shock Trooper
Member # 6754
Profile #6
I didn't have trouble with that part ... there are only a few guards, right? I remember how do to it, sort of ...

Hide creations if you have them (stick them behind a shut door or just hit the = key to disable them). Go to the back half of the camp and turn left. Head up to the west shore, which is clear of guards. There's a storeroom to the south [2] with nothing spectacular in it. Sidle up against the west wall of the large building to the north. Now is the part where you'll want to quicksave. Get into combat mode and experimentally take a look to see where the guard is [3]. If he's not there, get to the first door on the north wall. You should be able to open it, get inside, and close it in one turn (which is good if the guard happens to be milling about there). From there freely loot the room [4]. Before leaving, quicksave again. Open the door, and repeat the combat-run-open-inside-shut with the door immediately to the east. In this room (if I remember correctly) are the maps that the gatherers near San Ru want back, and some more goodies to pilfer [5]. Quicksave again. If for some reason you feel like it, you can hide in the bare patch of shore to the east with barrels and stuff [6].

It's easier, however to get back out to the west where you were, then return south to the entrance [1]. from here you can go east and immediately south behind the buildings, where no one can see you. Walk the whole way to the south ... SPOILER: On the ground you'll find a wooden ring [8] belonging to someone in San Ru. Take it back to Norell (Diwaniya's assistant) and he recognizes its owner, revealing her as a rebel. It's nobody you get to meet in the game, so you might as well do this for the exp.

The rest of the camp is pretty useless, but if you're a completionist just use walls, doors and combat mode to skirt around guards (only 2 or 3 back there altogether) and take stuff.

And here's a rough map of the back of the camp:
..... ggggggg3gggggggg ...
.... ###X#####X###
.. # # # 6
.. # 4 # 5 #
. ##X## #############
# 2 #
###########1################ ##### g
# # # g
# # # g
# # # 7
# # # g