The Ultimate Shaper

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: The Ultimate Shaper
Shock Trooper
Member # 6754
Profile #0
I decided that my Agent is just about the most powerful Shaper you could have. She's equipped with:
Agent Cloak (general magic)Essence Aegis (spellcraft, healing, intelligence)Lightning Girdle (+1 AP, lots of parry/dexterity)Guardian Claymore (strength and quick action)Quicksilver Sandals (+1 AP, worth strength penalty)Talisman of Might (+4 strength!)Emerald Chestguard (+2 AP! Also great protection stats)Gloves of the Rock (+4 endurance!)Avenger's Ring (melee weapons, lots of quick action)Gazerskin Vambraces (melee weapons)Granted, it took me until the Monastery Caves (and thus, Benerii-Eo) to craft all of these fine items, all of which are enhanced by Golden Crystals (the Guardian Claymore isn't blessed yet). Although I'm not sure precisely how level-ups and canisters have affected Esther (she's level 40), her stats are as follows:
92% ArmorResistances79% Fire79% Cold (Isle of Spears didn't damage me once that I can remember)79% Energy140% Stun (only the Shambling Rotbeasts could stun me)118% Mental (effectively immune)110% Poison (effectively immune)92% Acid (still got covered a lot, not damaged much though)Health 378 (569 after Augmentation and Essence Armor)Essence 436Spell Energy 1010Action Points 12 (18 when hasted)SkillsBase Skills13 Strength12 Dexterity14 Intelligence14 EnduranceCombat Skills10 Melee8 Missile Weapons14 Quick Action10 ParryMagic Skills11 Battle Magic9 Mental Magic8 Blessing Magic9 SpellcraftShaping Skills0 Fire Shaping0 Battle Shaping1 Magic Shaping12 Healing CraftGeneral Skills12 Leadership (21 when appropriately equipped)12 Mechanics (20 when appropriately equipped)4 LuckPretty much unlimited staying power as far as spell energy is concerned. Encumbered at 154 lbs, far more than enough to carry infiltrator's/tinker's gear along. Most interesting, however, is Esther's speed. She gets 12 AP per battle round. This is enough to run away a little and cast two powerful spells; run, use two items, and cast a spell; or use four items. If she's hasted, it's really nasty. 18AP, enough to cast three spells on top of an item or some running, or, of course, use 6 items. I also noticed that 18 AP is enough to run between 1/3 and 1/2 of the way across a zone.
My typical strategy: bless myself to the max stats when I enter a zone (140 essence). When I smell battle, I cast Mass Energize and Protection (160 energy, 23 essence), and then rush out and (if there's a crowd) cast Mass Madness (200 energy, 20 essence). This leaves me with two more attacks (and 750 spell energy) to weed out anything that might slow me down (a Glaahk, Rotghroth, Submission Turret). From here, I can burn down the remaining enemies with whatever they're weakest against (typically Essence Orbs). My healing magic, though powerful, is seldom necessary; usually, everything is dead by the third turn in battle (8 attacks).

Does anyone have a tougher Shaper? Can we beat that? Do I need to make a MMORPG that loads Geneforge data so we can find out for sure?

--------------------
One of these words is mispelled.
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #1
My Guardian:
He's equipped with:
Simbiotic CloakQuicksilver BulkwardLightning GirdlePuresteel SoulbladeGazerskin SandalsTalisman of MightEmerald ChestguardOrnkskin GlovesInfiltrator's RingGazerskin VambracesAnd: (Matteo is lvl.42)
108% ArmorResistances</font><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">97% Fire97% Cold97% Energy188% Stun116% Mental108% Poison110% Acid</font>Health 402Essence 384Spell Energy 258Action Points ? (11 I think, 16 when Hasted)Skills<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Base Skills<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">16 Strength14 Dexterity12 Intelligence13 Endurance</font>Combat Skills<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">14 Melee5 Missile Weapons16 Quick Action20 Parry</font>Magic Skills<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">2 Battle Magic1 Mental Magic5 Blessing Magic4 Spellcraft</font>Shaping Skills<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">7 Fire Shaping7 Battle Shaping7 Magic Shaping16 Healing Craft</font>General Skills<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">13 Leadership14 Mechanics8 Luck</font><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"></font></li>Also, I have 180 LT :o .

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Shock Trooper
Member # 6754
Profile #2
Your stats are mildly superior, and your creations would be helpful. Unless I Charm them and cast Searer to poison the crap out of you, I'd have to rely on running away a lot. But isn't that a Guardian's weakness?

--------------------
One of these words is mispelled.
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #3
quote:
Originally written by Nick Ringer:

Your stats are mildly superior, and your creations would be helpful. Unless I Charm them and cast Searer to poison the crap out of you, I'd have to rely on running away a lot. But isn't that a Guardian's weakness?
Maybe yes. But if I haste myself I can always attack missiles-based-creations or running-creation.

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba