trying to tweak the ending (spoilers)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: trying to tweak the ending (spoilers)
Apprentice
Member # 5218
Profile #0
Hello all,

Okay, I've finished Geneforge 2 twice now with different endings. I have killed Barzhal and Eass and Akkat (guess I should kill Rhakkus, too). That ending sort of stunk. (Zackary is dead, too). The Barzite ending also kind of stunk. I haven't tried the Taker ending, but I imagine that's going to be fairly grim, too.

Anyway, I'm trying to get back into favor with the Awakened, but Pinner won't consider me now. Never mind the fact I've done a bunch of nice things for them. *sigh* oh well. She says I need to talk to more people. How many people do I need to talk to before she likes me? I want to set things right with the Awakened so they aren't crushed in the end. I've already used Learned Darien so I don't have that option.

Advice please. Thank you.

Nijojo
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #1
Stop powergaming and try some strange new concept called "roleplaying."

--------------------
If I could make just one wish, I would want a tasty vlish.

Geneforge IV. Still no tasty vlish.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #2
Or, find anyone who will still talk to you, and talk up serviles' rights like crazy. But if you've already done everything, there may be few such people.

In which case, if you really just want to see a different ending, and not see how the whole game changes if you are loyal to the Awakened throughout: hit control-D and type 'iloveserviles'. The serviles will then be satisfied with your ideological purity.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 3606
Profile #3
there are four different endings plus the canister user or non user variations right?
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #4
SPOILERS

There are some non-finishing endings, like your death, or what you get if you just leave the Drypeak mountains as soon as you possibly can.

In addition to the Loyalist ending, there is a non-aligned ending where you kill Barzahl and the top Takers, and destroy the Geneforge, without joining any sects. The non-aligned ending is not actually much different from the Loyalist ending, though.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #5
...Or you can just speak with Learned Darian and have her spread out a nice, pro-servile word for you.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #6
quote:
Originally written by Auri Fitzgerald:

I've already used Learned Darien so I don't have that option.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 5218
Profile #7
Vlish,

I was role playing. I tried to stay true to the Awakened but it quickly became evident that I couldn't get the power to beat anything without joining other sects so I did. I joined them and helped them, got their secrets, got more powerful, and crushed them! I did that all for the Awakened, but when I tried to help them- killed all their enemies, couldn't gain their favor. Besides after one ending I'd like to see others.

Is there another ending for non-canister users?

Thanks

Nijojo
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #8
There are well over a dozen possible endings, if you count each minor variation. This happens because many things you do affect different aspects of the ending. Some actions will change only a single line, while others change entire pages. Here are the actions I remember, listed in order of magnitude of change they cause:

1. Joining one of the sects.

2. Fulfilling all objectives for one of the sects (or killing Barzite and Taker leaders if you are unaligned.)

3. Using canisters. (You are allowed to use 4 or 5 canisters with no problem, but if you get "people now look strangely at you" message when traveling in populated area, you know you've used too many. Being augmented by a sect also counts as using too many canisters.)

4. Killing Zachari.

5. Killing Barzahl.

6. Finding and killing Shanti's (sp?) killer.

7. Killing the leader of awakened.

[ Thursday, June 02, 2005 09:42: Message edited by: Zeviz ]

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Apprentice
Member # 5218
Profile #9
I'll play around to see the different endings. I liked the ending when I helped the Awakened. Was about what I was looking for to end with that "warm and fuzzy" feeling :)

TTYL

Nijojo