?'s re: Essence and demo vs full game

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: ?'s re: Essence and demo vs full game
Apprentice
Member # 5329
Profile #0
Question 1) In Geneforge 2 the documentation says that I will regain essence by either returning to a friendly town (Drypeak) or standing next to an essence pool. I created a Fyora and later brought him up a level, then discovering that my essence was 4/22. I returned to Drypeak and nothing happened. I went to an essence pool in the Drypeak Warrens and while standing next to it, heard the sound effect play and watched at the bottom of the screen as it told me that I was regaining essence at about a rate of 25 per second. Yet my character's blue essence bar remains the same and when I went to his ability screen it still shows my essence at 4/22. What am I missing here? How do I get the '4' back up to 22?
Thanks.

Question 2) If I buy the entire game after I finish the demo, will I be able to pick up where I ended or do I have to start all over again? Thanks again.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
1) As long as that Fyora is alive, you have to keep that essence invested in him. You could think of it this way: that Fyora consists of a certain amount of essence, and you won't get that essence back until the Fyora dies or you reabsorb him.

2) You can continue from where you are.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
BANNED
Member # 5219
Profile #2
Also another unhelpful trait is the "creation evolving". When it gains a level, you have to spend essence to use up it's skill points, which I don't like.

--------------------
You can take my Windows XP when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Warrior
Member # 4345
Profile #3
You don't HAVE to spend the skill points. The creation's stats will increase by themselves every other level I think. The essence id only if you want even higher stats.

--------------------
"Damn Scots. They ruined scotland!"-Groundskeeper Willy, the Simpsons