Trouble with text displaying properly

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Trouble with text displaying properly
Apprentice
Member # 5329
Profile #0
Started to play the demo, and I've noticed that sometimes the text seems to be too long and starts to display outside of the borders it is intended to stay within. This can make it jumbled up sometimes with other text or unable to read as it prints itself over the border and if the border is dark blue for instance, it becomes unreadable. I like what I see so far of this type of 'old school' game and would like to continue, but this text problem is a real irritation. Any ideas? Thanks.
Warrior
Member # 5159
Profile #1
A: This post should be in the technical support forum.
B: This is obviously a bug, therefore, no one without having ran into that bug will be unable to help you, and even if they had it is unlikely that they would have figured out a solution. I would suggest making sure that you are using the most recent version of GeneForge. There is not much more that I can offer then asking the technical support forum, or upgrading.

--------------------
"The whoopie cushion shall rise again."
- Anton Szandor LaVey
Founder of the Church of Satan
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #2
The usual Tech Support questions: what is your operating system? Are you using the most recent version of the game? Have you tried re-downloading?

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
BANNED
Member # 5219
Profile #3
Maybe your monitor is too small.

--------------------
You can take my Windows XP when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Apprentice
Member # 5329
Profile #4
My monitor is 22", so I doubt it's too small. I just d/l'd the demo, so I assume I'm using the most recent version. Using Windows XP on a 1 year old 'loaded' system. I've had this problem before on Spiderweb software (other games), so I don't know what gives. I'll try leaving a msg in the tech section. Thanks.
Infiltrator
Member # 2628
Profile Homepage #5
What screen resolution were you using to play the game? (ie When the game prompted you to reset the screen resolution, which option did you select?)

--------------------
We meet and part now over all the world;
we, the lost company,
take hands together in the night, forget
the night in our brief happiness, silently.
-- Judith Wright

My website
Posts: 512 | Registered: Wednesday, February 12 2003 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 5329
Profile #6
Found the problem. Evidently, I can't use the 'large' font option in Windows and still have the game display text correctly. When I changed to 'normal' (in 'advanced display settings'), it fixed the problem. Thanks.