stealing

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: stealing
Infiltrator
Member # 5991
Profile Homepage #0
why is it in games like exile if you stole something and someone saw you the whole town would attack you but in geneforge you can steal items and no one cares?

--------------------
George Bush is a Nazi - Eric Cartmen

I'm not as think you stoned I am
Visit the RIFQ Forums
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
Keep stealing enough items and eventually the town will go hostile. For most towns, you have to steal 3 things before being attacked.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 6395
Profile Homepage #2
I stole 10 items from a town in... G2 I think, no one cared, maybe because I stole 2 at a time, maybe it also works in diffrent part of towns, like steal something from north east side then north west, south west, south east ect.

--------------------
Bandit: Hey Bob, why aren't we running after them?

Archer Bob: Cuz if dose n00bz run dey got no gud ****.

Bandit:oh

Bob: And that isn't a cave, its a dragon...
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #3
Were the items actually marked as "not yours"? If so, did anyone actually see you stealing them?

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 6395
Profile Homepage #4
I know they weren't mine... don't think ne1 was able to see me tho @.@. Dumb luck I guess

--------------------
Bandit: Hey Bob, why aren't we running after them?

Archer Bob: Cuz if dose n00bz run dey got no gud ****.

Bandit:oh

Bob: And that isn't a cave, its a dragon...
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #5
I think both ways suck, it should be that if you steal something, the person who owns it should go hostile, and if you steal around three or something then the town.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Apprentice
Member # 6216
Profile #6
Why should it be so? If I came to your house and stole something without anyone seeing me, there would be no consequence (i.e. anyone going hostile on me).
However, being able to steal 3 items WHILE someone saw me (in the game) doesn't make sense. Why not 1? or 4? And why would the whole town care? I guess the hostility has to kick in at some point :)
For the most part, it's pretty easy to steal things without being seen. At least things that matter.

Q.