Refugee Camp @ Sea Caves Is there a penalty for killing the refugees?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Refugee Camp @ Sea Caves Is there a penalty for killing the refugees?
Apprentice
Member # 6329
Profile #0
I went to the refugee camp in the Sea Caves and killed the Refugees after killing the Venomus worm. I attacked the Refugees before entering any of their locked rooms, and i would like to know: is there any penalty for killing them?
(I am a Loyalist, lv 10 Shaper)
Posts: 34 | Registered: Wednesday, September 21 2005 07:00
Warrior
Member # 6222
Profile #1
well, if anything, i would think that would make you more pro-shaper (yup... killing people who disagree with shaper policies... definitely a pro-shaper act, if you ask me) =P

in any event, if you ever fear consequences, you need to get three levels of create roamer (and four levels of fire shaping, i think). then, you can blow people up with impunity (well, at least most people, anyways. you might want to refrain from blowing up certain key persons until all quests not involving them have been finished).
Apprentice
Member # 6329
Profile #2
YAY!!!
Now i'm gonna kill (or try to) kill anyone who strongly disagrees with absolute shaper rule.
By the way, is it possible to gauge the strength of your enimies by looking at their HP?
Warrior
Member # 6222
Profile #3
HP can be somewhat of a good gauge, it all depends on the creature in question. for example, some things cannot be killed until something has been done, regardless of their HP. reaper turrets are not that high in HP, but deal a lot of damage. submission turrets are extremely resistant to magic damage, and will often stun you badly enough to take away your next action. inferno worms don't have that much HP, but OTOH their attack is aura of flames. sometimes the special abilities or resistances of a creature/person can make it much tougher than it's HP might suggest.

and for the record, the reason you need create roamer three and fire shaping four is so that you can summon pyroroamers... the only worthwhile use of which that i know of is to absorb them while they are standing near someone you want to blow up.

interestingly, if you do it that way, the game does not register that as it having been you that killed them, aparently (not 100% sure on that, since i haven't tried it out)

[ Thursday, September 22, 2005 05:57: Message edited by: Jaid ]
Apprentice
Member # 6329
Profile #4
Thank you.