how do you turn off (disable) cheats?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: how do you turn off (disable) cheats?
Apprentice
Member # 6310
Profile #0
ho do you turn off cheats like in GF1/2. I tried them but it doesn't work for me. any ideas?
thanks.

[ Saturday, September 17, 2005 07:58: Message edited by: blu_moon ]
I have tried (shift + D) and "nomorecheats",which did'nt work for me. I know of and played around with scripting. But I kinda wanted to be able to resist temptation. It's so easy for me to type "dbugkill" all of the time. So I thought that the disable cheat code had changed from gf2 to gf3. Sorry for the bother.

[ Saturday, September 17, 2005 07:58: Message edited by: blu_moon ]
Warrior
Member # 6222
Profile #1
ummm... you don't turn them on?

all of the cheats that i know of are pretty much just one-use type things. you use it, it has an effect, and that's it. the end.

so, if you don't want the cheats to be on... then just don't use them.

if, on the other hand, you're talking about a trainer or something like that, then i believe restoring the original file to what it was should do the trick (you did save the original file, right?)

[ Friday, September 16, 2005 12:46: Message edited by: Jaid ] double negative... dang it, i hate those things! [/edit]

[ Friday, September 16, 2005 12:46: Message edited by: Jaid ]
Apprentice
Member # 3851
Profile #2
I consulted the hint books... it doesn't show it for G3, but it should be the same as G2.

Shift+D, type "nomorecheats."

The book indicates cheats will no longer work. To relaunch them (if you miss them!), you must then consult the tech support page on this website.

I love "exitzone" myself, but I at least try not to use it in the heat of battle. Just cleared areas. (hee hee... still a cheat though, eh?)
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #3
What do you mean by "turn off cheats"? Do you want to not be able to use cheat codes, or do you want to undo the cheats you have already used? I don't see why you would want to do the former, as you could just not use the cheats.

There is no way to undo cheats you have already done. If you typed iwanttobestronger there is no way to take away the experience you gained, and you would need to load a save file to undo those cheats.

Replacing a trainer with the original script would make it so you couldn't cheat any further, but obviously would not undo what has already been done.
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Warrior
Member # 3987
Profile #4
When you play with cheats the game isnt so interesting anymore. When you dont use them you get max out of the game. Believe me its worth it. Plus the cheats arent that good. :)

--------------------
Shaper laws:
1. Kill everyone who hate you
2. Keep everyone who like you
3. Tame everyone in between..
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #5
I think exitzone is very good :P
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00