No Greta, No Alwan...can I finish the game?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: No Greta, No Alwan...can I finish the game?
Apprentice
Member # 6231
Profile #0
I obviously played it too safe...Greta has left me just before setting out for Gull Island, and Alwan refuses to join me.

Is it possible to complete the game without either of them, or should I start over?

Any advice would be much appreciated, many nocturnal hours have been spent reaching this point, heh.

Kate
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
Yes, you can finish the game without either of them. Some play without letting them join at all.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #2
There is one thing you should probably take into account, though; the fact that neither of them likes you probably suggests that you've been trying to play both sides, which could give you problems later on. It won't prevent you from finishing the game, but unless you're pretty much fanatically loyal to one side it can be difficult to get training.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shock Trooper
Member # 3683
Profile #3
I think this probably due to your killing Shen at Roamer Marsh and your giving the canister to Lankan.

Do neither and you will still get both of them. I think they are pretty useful for agent. My only mistake is focusing too much on strength instead of dex for Greta.
Posts: 266 | Registered: Wednesday, November 12 2003 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 4560
Profile #4
Hello Mollyx
You are probably in this situation because you killed the creator (So Greta leaves you, no matter what else you do), and gived more pro-rebel opinions (which Alwan doesn't like). Perhaps if you continue playing and give only pro-shaper opinions from now on, he will agree to follow you again. Perhaps leadership works too (no idea about that).
If you are too pro-rebel in your opinions, perhaps you should consider reloading a game before killing the creator and try to play as a pro-rebel by helping it.
Otherwise, there is no problem in being neutral, or nearly neutral. I think I am one pro-shaper opinion away from complete neutrality, and I have no real problems with trainers. I usually avoid giving opinions. I simply close the window when asked... And I also try avoiding killing people when unnecessary.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3683
Profile #5
If one gives pro-rebel opinions and destroys creator, would Greta be leaving as well?

Is there a way to get both of them till Gull Island?

I actually like Greta and am really looking forward to her searer and essence orb powess but not necessary want to offend the shapers.
Posts: 266 | Registered: Wednesday, November 12 2003 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #6
quote:
Originally written by Dragongirl:

If one gives pro-rebel opinions and destroys creator, would Greta be leaving as well?
Yes.

There's no way to take both of them as far as Gull.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!