what would happen if I give the canister to Lankan?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: what would happen if I give the canister to Lankan?
Shock Trooper
Member # 3683
Profile #0
Would it count as favour opinion toward rebel or would it be considered a crime that I cannot go back to the shaper? I didn't give the tome to the trainer back in Greenwood either since I'm not so sure and partly b/c I have already pilage everything there already. :)
Posts: 266 | Registered: Wednesday, November 12 2003 08:00
Warrior
Member # 6222
Profile #1
as i understand it, it counts as a strongly pro-rebel act. effectively, you are joining the rebels i think. not sure if you can change your mind later, but based off of previous games i would guess so (but it won't necessarily be easy, that's for sure).
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #2
I think you could give this tome to the mage with minimal consequencies. However, if you aren't completely hostile to shapers, you could give it to somebody else later for a better reward.

As for giving Lankan the canister, it counts as joining rebels. I am not sure if you'll be able to change your mind later, but you'll immediately start getting hostile reactions from shapers and will lose Alwan before leaving the island.

[ Tuesday, August 16, 2005 07:39: Message edited by: Zeviz ]

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #3
You can go back to being a loyalist on Dhonal's after giving the blue canister to Lankan. It seems word travels between islands, but some actions don't. Dhonal's is the big decision; actions on Greenwood and Harmony won't really alter the later islands.
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #4
Biggest, but not final. Final is on IoS.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Apprentice
Member # 5923
Profile #5
Lankan will take the canister if you have it. You have no option to refuse. If you want to keep it, you must talk to him before taking the canister. Since Shirin is loyalist, I had to go back to a save prior to taking the canister.
Warrior
Member # 6222
Profile #6
as i understand it, there is also an option to simply destroy the canister instead of giving it to him.
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #7
quote:
Originally written by Jaid:

as i understand it, there is also an option to simply destroy the canister instead of giving it to him.
If Lankan sees you destroy the canister the town will go hostile; it's like helping the Shapers while slapping the rebels in the face. If you don't want to give it to him just hold on to it, and someone will buy it from you later on.
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #8
quote:
Originally written by Shapliest:

Lankan will take the canister if you have it. You have no option to refuse. If you want to keep it, you must talk to him before taking the canister. Since Shirin is loyalist, I had to go back to a save prior to taking the canister.
Click the checkbox instead of any of the three options, and as soon as the box disappears press the F key to enter combat mode. While in combat mode the box will not come up again, so run out of his range of sight and don't let him see you again (don't go in the building again). This will allow you to talk to Lankan even if you have the canister without giving it to him or destroying it.