Stumped bigtime in GF3, need assistance

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Stumped bigtime in GF3, need assistance
Apprentice
Member # 6171
Profile #0
Hey all GF3 people,

It looks as if I'm stumped again. I've been to the first two islands in the game, I've explored them almost completely. There is one place I can't possibly beat on the second isle (Infested Pathway) and the monsters there are nearly impossible to kill.

I've completed most of my quests, but unfortuneately for whatever reason I slaughtered the entire Rebel camp, so now I can't complete 2 of my quests.

Does anyone have any advice as to what to do now?

Cheers!

Tom

[ Wednesday, August 03, 2005 14:15: Message edited by: digiplaya2005 ]
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #1
Since you've killed the rebels, you can go on to the next island. (Just tell Diwanya that you've killed rebels.)

However, if you are having trouble with infested pathway at this point, you might be doing something wrong. What are your stats/creature? And what creatures are causing you trouble?

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Apprentice
Member # 5931
Profile #2
I've found that if I get to a seemingly unbeatable area, I slaughter a few, leave, heal and repeat.** Infested pathway was a tad troublesome for me as well, but I got through it using the above procedure as well as a variety of weapons.

**It's a good way to whittle the population, plus you have your autosave to go back to if you get killed on re-entry. :D
Apprentice
Member # 6171
Profile #3
Well, it looks like I've gotten to the third island, thanks for the help! Pretty sure I'm just saving the Infested pathway for later on in the game.

Tom
Apprentice
Member # 6115
Profile #4
i also had a hard time with the infested pathway. fortunately i was pro-rebel so I didn't have to clear it at that time. even when i came back a little later it was difficult - its one of the few areas where you can't whittle away at enemies and retreat to town since all those monsters come out of the swamp at you every time you pass through.
Apprentice
Member # 5931
Profile #5
quote:
Originally written by MichaelSword:

its one of the few areas where you can't whittle away at enemies and retreat to town since all those monsters come out of the swamp at you every time you pass through.
But it's a great place to gain experience points. As far as not being able to retreat to a town, you should be able to head back to the nearest "entrance" and "warp" to a safe place. :P :D
Apprentice
Member # 6212
Profile #6
Earlier in the game, with my pro-rebel, I didn't create anything but a fyora until I was able to get my hands onto a vlish canister. I simply leveled up my fyora and it's statistics along with Alwan and Greta. Multiple creations, when you can't make 2nd level creations, wasn't effective for me. That could be why the infested pathway was so difficult. Are you a guardian? If you aren't, I'd suggest casting the daze spell. They really made the first version pretty of daze pretty decent, it now affects an area, and at that point in the game it should still be effective, I think.