Editors

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Editors
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #0
I'd like to put some of the editors in the forum header for easy access, but I'm unsure which ones to include. As far as I can tell, there are at least three: Indeterminatus's, Slp006's, and Hawk King's, and also, there are Indeterminatus's lists.

Should I put them all in the header? Is one editor definitive? Am I linking to an outdated version of an editor?

Those of you who have been following this, let me know what's up.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #1
Sip006's is a very good and complete editor.

I wouldn't recommend Hawk Kings (sorry). His editor gives you the Summoning Orb, which triggers the Lord Rahul encounter. I've told him a few times, and it's posted within that thread, but he's yet to update it.

Edit: Fixed rushed typos.

[ Wednesday, July 06, 2005 13:07: Message edited by: Dolphin. ]
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 5980
Profile Homepage #2
quote:
Should I put them all in the header? Is one editor definitive?
AFAIK all the editor are missing something the others have.
Mine doesn't let you edit single stats by 1 point (i didn't do this because there already was another editor that did it) but let's you teleport while the other editors don't give you this ability.

Maybe we should do some constructive copy&paste and make one unique, definitive editor.

--------------------
[My homepage] - [The Reasoned Character Editor] - [NOSE(Gf3 version)] - [NOSE(Gf2 version)]
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #3
Either make one editor, or do what I would do and make a small HTML page to link to that describes the editors and their differences/problems.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #4
It looks like there really are only two that are worth posting, Slp006's and Indeterminatus's. I'll just put two short descriptions in the header.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #5
And my version of Croikle's isn't good enough? Well, if you say so, but I'll disagree.

--------------------
"I'm not crazy!"
"Well, whatever. Maybe you just ate something really questionable, or perhaps someone hit you on the head with something large, blunt and heavy just now. By the way..." Gil nudged Grul pointedly.

Ooh! Homepage - Blog - Geneforge, +2, +3 - My Elfwood Gallery and DevArt page
So many strange ones around. Don't you think?
Warrior
Member # 5523
Profile #6
Seince you seam to be compiling a list of editors there is my item editor , It's of very poor quality but It gives you most useful items and as no one else has made one...

[ Wednesday, July 06, 2005 10:39: Message edited by: Harlequin ]

--------------------
“Medicine, Law, Business, Engineering - These are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But Poetry, Beauty, Romance, Love-These are what we alive stay for.”
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #7
Don't even bother with mine it is way outdated and gives you things that ruin the plot for some people
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #8
Riibu, my impression was that Slp006's editor absorbed yours. If I'm wrong, would you mind telling me what your editor does that his doesn't?

In fact, would everyone write out a brief list of stuff your editors do? Indeterminatus has a good list on his editor's thread, but I have no idea what any of the rest of these editors do.

And I've added some stuff to the header already.

[ Wednesday, July 06, 2005 10:51: Message edited by: Manhood Typing Kelandon ]

--------------------

Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #9
It doesn't actually make it his, really. He modified it from mine. And don't say absorbed, that's annoying.

--------------------
"I'm not crazy!"
"Well, whatever. Maybe you just ate something really questionable, or perhaps someone hit you on the head with something large, blunt and heavy just now. By the way..." Gil nudged Grul pointedly.

Apprentice
Member # 5980
Profile Homepage #10
I'm very open to make one unique editor, i'm just waiting for the other scripters to come say if they agree or not.

For the header link:
could you please use this link ( http://inf1.altervista.org/phptrack/track.php?file=z42dhonaldlg.txt) for my editor? It helps because the link will continue to work even if i move the script elsewhere and it gives me some statistics :)

--------------------
[My homepage] - [The Reasoned Character Editor] - [NOSE(Gf3 version)] - [NOSE(Gf2 version)]
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #11
Kel: your names for slp006's files are wrong.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #12
Indeterminatus: Link fixed.

Riibu: Is this just an issue of credit? If it's just about credit, I can just add that his editor was modified from yours (and others), which was modified from the older editor.

All I meant was that all the functions in your editor were also included in Slp006's. If that's not true, let me know.

Drakefyre: Fixed.

[ Wednesday, July 06, 2005 11:08: Message edited by: Manhood Typing Kelandon ]

--------------------

Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #13
It's true. It may seem trivial to you, but I'm extremely touchy about these sort of things.

--------------------
"I'm not crazy!"

Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #14
Eh, it's a reasonable request, but you could've just asked directly.

At any rate, is it better now?

--------------------

Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #15
... I suppose I've no further complaints. Thanks.

EDIT: No, wait, there is something else. What about the map? Even if this is a topic about editors, it's also about adding stuff to the forum header.

(.. And why is this all missing from the second forum? Not very fair in my opinion.)

[ Wednesday, July 06, 2005 11:22: Message edited by: Blossom Plant [strangles] ]

--------------------
"I'm not crazy!"

Apprentice
Member # 5980
Profile Homepage #16
quote:
Indeterminatus: Link fixed.

Tomorrow i *may* have enough time to work to a page that holds the links to the editors, with their specific characteristics, in an orderly fashion.

--------------------
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #17
Link to the maps added. I would add all this stuff for GF2 also, but I don't moderate that board. You'll have to ask Drakey, Stareye, or Schrodinger.

--------------------

Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #18
It was just a casual observation from my part.

--------------------
"I'm not crazy!"