help me reach Dhonal's Keep as Agent specializing in mechanics / leadership

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: help me reach Dhonal's Keep as Agent specializing in mechanics / leadership
Apprentice
Member # 5649
Profile #0
Maybe I'm missing something really obvious, but I've had the hardest time reaching Dhonal's Keep. I'm playing one of the wimpiest sorts of characters - an agent specializing in mechanics and leadership. You see, I think combat is totally boring and I like to avoid or minimize it whenever I can. But unlike in GF1 and especially GF2, I'm finding the limited combat route to be much more difficult in GF3. I'm kind of having difficulties reaching Dhonal's Keep from Fort Wilton. Even playing on Easy mode - and it kills me to admit to playing on Easy on a board - I keep getting my arse kicked on the way there. Maybe the answer to this is in the hint book, which I've ordered but haven't received yet. Can anyone give me advice?
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #1
I'd go the north route, through the Purification Plant.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 5649
Profile #2
Well I eventually made it by going through Spharon's Lands. I think if I had higher leadership I could have convinced the serviles to let me pass by, but as it was, they weren't too difficult to beat.

I thought about trying the Purification Plant, but I absolutely loathe those areas with poison in the air, it's so easy to die and just not very fun at all.
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #3
If you don't have any creations walk around in combat mode. This prevents you from dying quickly and you can easily monitor you health. The purification plant is a relatively easy toxic zone. It is easy to shut down.
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Post Navel Trauma ^_^
Member # 67
Profile Homepage #4
You shouldn't have to go through Spharon's lands to get to Dhonal's keep. My noncombatant agent just went up the same way as my other characters, as directly north as possible without going into the purification plant.

--------------------
Barcoorah: I even did it to a big dorset ram.

New Mac BoE
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #5
It's impossible to get through Spharon's Lands without angering the serviles.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00