Is it just me, or...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Is it just me, or...
Shock Trooper
Member # 3898
Profile #0
Is it just me, or are the Geneforge 3 outdoors world maps considerably worse than the Geneforge II or Geneforge I maps?

Especially Dhonal's Island. And, well, pretty much all the others, too.

--------------------
~Note : The professional newbie's advice should not be taken seriously, or at all.~
LINKAGE
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #1
Yeah, I liked the older look better, too.
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Warrior
Member # 5523
Profile #2
I havn't noticed much difference.

--------------------
“Medicine, Law, Business, Engineering - These are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But Poetry, Beauty, Romance, Love-These are what we alive stay for.”
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #3
Hmm, I guess there's a downside to the separate islands. I like the way they act as separate chapters in your story, and how you feel like you've entered a whole new ballgame with each one you land at. But you do lose the anticipation of seeing the whole thing at once. It was so cool in Geneforge I to stare hard at all the funny topographic features in the unexplored lands ahead, and try to figure out what might be there. Then eventually, you could get there, and finally see for yourself.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 2568
Profile #4
i think the separation lends itslf better to the story; i mean how big can an island really be. all of the games have taken place on islands right? so i think jeff was craming just a little too much onto a single island. this way it allows for natural breaks in the storyline.

--------------------
Walk with me and fear no longer, the night.
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #5
GF2 didn't take place in an island, actually.

--------------------
"I'm not crazy!"
"Well, whatever. Maybe you just ate something really questionable, or perhaps someone hit you on the head with something large, blunt and heavy just now. By the way..." Gil nudged Grul pointedly.

Ooh! Homepage - Blog - Geneforge, +2, +3 - My Elfwood Gallery and DevArt page
So many strange ones around. Don't you think?
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #6
"Remote mountain region".

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."