Your first crafted item

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Your first crafted item
Apprentice
Member # 3681
Profile #0
The alchemist provided my character with a blessed stone, which I combined with a chainmail vest to make--a chainmail vest. It seems in no way enhanced: no extra spells, no additional protection, nothing special about it. So I tried reloading, and combined the stone with a pair of heavy boots. I now have one less blessed stone, and a pair of heavy boots.

What am I overlooking, here?
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #1
If you look at item properties, you'll see that it now has a new ability. (additional physical protection)

However, I did find early crafted items rather disappointing. It's easy enough to find pre-enchanted equipment which already has an enchantment stronger than the one you can add yourself.

[ Wednesday, June 22, 2005 11:33: Message edited by: Zeviz ]

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #2
The one thing to learn is that you shouldn't hold on to enhancements - use them as soon as you get them, because you'll get more later, and they'll be better.

Some are better as weapon enhancements (spines) and some are better as armor enhancements (speed).

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 3681
Profile #3
Thanks! Good information, both.
Apprentice
Member # 2568
Profile #4
i'd put the spines on your armor, if you're heavy combat as it will damage enemies attacking you.

ps you can put one enhancement on artifacts as well.

--------------------
Walk with me and fear no longer, the night.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #5
Actually, it seems as if you can enhance some of the artifacts but not others. This goes for other magical items as well.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #6
quote:
Originally written by DarcWynd021:

i'd put the spines on your armor, if you're heavy combat as it will damage enemies attacking you.
But that means they'd have to be close enough to actually hit you. Since most monsters hit me with 5%-10% accuracy, and usually with batons from far away, putting them on armor isn't very helpful.

Has anyone tried enhancing missile weapons?

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 3681
Profile #7
But that means they'd have to be close enough to actually hit you. Since most monsters hit me with 5%-10% accuracy, and usually with batons from far away, putting them on armor isn't very helpful.

This is my impression, as well. I'm currently playing an agent, and I have no intention to get up front and personal with any enemies. I want to kill them at a distance, the further away, the better.
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #8
Also although the description from using a blessed stone on a piece of armor says "enchantment: dodges blows", by looking at your stat screen you can discover that what that really does is improve the armor percent by a few points. Also, as for finding better enchanted equipment, many of those can still get an additional enchantment too.

--------------------
Warning: Posts may contain misspellinks and typo.s
Apprentice
Member # 5994
Profile #9
blessed stones look like buscuits i tryed eating it when i found it :P , best stone i had gotten was a big or w/e their called skull purified skull, i think it had bugged abillities which was awesome :D and id found another one bugged and it took away my stats some of em :mad: prolly when i tempered with cheats on it but, never try doing it unless you know what ur doing, it can get you in alot of trouble like negative stats etc, only major scriptors should temper with that

--------------------
4 god drakons vs a tiny fyora...