The Invincible Thad, again!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: The Invincible Thad, again!
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #0
I posted once before about this, a Thad Shade that were more or less unstoppable on Harmony and Dhonalds because nothing could hit it. I got a few replies and the argument went that "Sure, it's good stuff, but only on normal and there won't be enough essence to support an entire army of them".

This time, I did it on Torment.

With an Int of 14 (P+1 for Skein, +1 for Students Belt) and a BS skill of 7, I pumped 240 essence into this once Thad on Torment, giving it max Dex, two points of endurance and close to max Strenght. Not only did it work, but even on Torment the Shade Pit was a walk in the park. Nothing could stop my Thad Shade.

Since one shade is all that is needed, there is no point to support a larger army, especially since one shade even works on Torment.

When I started ut on Harmony, the best & to hit my Shade came to 30%, and I had 4 from max Dex. A few levels later and max Dex, the highest hit % came up to 10, and that was only from one creation: Specters in the shade pit. The rest are arounds 0-5%. Nothing hits it. (Okey, another exception, the Battle Aplha guarding the canister in Dwyanna's basement. That thing is just out of controll. Probably ment to always hit on Torment)

Even if something did hit the shade, as a Thad it has a rather heavy supply of hitpoints (260 hitpoints at Level 27, with 2 points into endurace.)

As an added bonus, Poison has no effect whatsoever on the Shade, and Acid seems to have a really weakened effect, close to nothing but pointless.

Level 27 might sound like allot, but with a BS skill of 7 and a Thad skill of 4 (1 Level from South End, 1 from Training Grounds, 2 from training by Dwyanna.) your Shade starts at somewhere around Level 22.

So, you now have a creation nothing can touch, that can't be damaged by Poision and hardly by Acid (and oh, mental effects like Terror does not work either, because it's undead, duh), has allot of hitpoints and can hit back decent enough. It works on Torment and since it is only one creation it draws minimal XP from your Shaper.

Love it?

I shall come back on this topic after i tried the Thad Shade on Dhonald's. Maybe he will fail, but if such I will still have managed to take on an entire island with only one creation on Torment with minimal effort to keep it alive, giving more XP to main character.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #1
To my great disappointment, a Thad Shade simply can't stick it up to a Batttle Alpha on Torment. It's just not worth the essence invested in it. Even with a Dex of 27 a Battle Alpha still has 55% chance of hitting, which is just too much. My shade can take out a single BA, but more than one will be trouble.

Other creations and enemies still can't hit my Shade, but since Alphas are getting rather common I figure that I will have to upgrade my Thad Shade to a Battle Alpha.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."