GameFAQs

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: GameFAQs
Warrior
Member # 5550
Profile Homepage #0
Who is the guy(s) who made the walkthroughs for G1 and G2 on GameFAQS? Would he/she/it/they please step foward, along with anyone who is planning to do a walkthrough on GameFAQs for G3. Thank you.

--------------------
Q: What is the sound of one hand clapping?
A: The sound of someone getting smacked upside the head.

Duct tape is like the force. It has a good side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.

Don't worry Alorael, custom titles are overrated.
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #1
Hmm, making a FAQ/Walkthrough was brought up before. It was potentially going to be a group effort. I think we should put one together, so I can refer everyone to it :P

Edit: Come to think of it, I will put together a FAQ for some of the most common questions. I started school today, so give me a few days.

[ Monday, June 20, 2005 18:22: Message edited by: Dolphin. ]
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #2
The Geneforge 1 and 2 walkthroughs were made by the gentleman who goes by the name of Schrodinger on these forums.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #3
Shrodinger, who made faqs for Gf 1 and 2 now has better things to do than writing detailed walkthroughs. ;)

I am taking carefull notes as I am going through the game and will probably put together a less ambitious faq when I am done.

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #4
If anyone else wants to do it, or take part in it, please do. It's just that the same questions are posted several times, and I keep sending people to older threads.
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #5
Do you, and/or anybody else who has been taking notes, want to combine our notes and make one faq/walkthrough?

I am making lists of locations of the following:
canisters, books, trainers (including costs and required alignments), special items, charms, some other powerful items. I am also writing down my solutions to areas I find particularly tricky.

I've just finished Harmony Island, so it will probably be a few weeks until I finish the game and have complete notes, but if you already have notes on some of the things I am taking notes on, I can get through the game faster.

PS If you want, you can format your notes and walkthroughs and e-mail them to me and I'll combine them with what I have so far to start a webpage similar to my A2 and Nethergate pages (both of which are based on Shrodinger's faqs).

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #6
Yeah Zeviz :)

To avoid duplicating work let me know what you need and I'll put it together for you. I have some notes, but most of it is in memory.
Apprentice
Member # 2568
Profile #7
i have a partial list of item hex codes, including the artifacts and most of the individual enhancement items if someone wants it for the faqs or for an editor

email me

--------------------
Walk with me and fear no longer, the night.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #8
If I'm not mistaken, that comes rather close to a forbidden post.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #9
Dolphin, I've PMed you my notes so far, so that you could compare them with yours. I forgot to mention in my PM, could you also send me any notes you have on the stuff I am taking notes on for the rest of the game (Dhonal Island and forward).

Anybody else, if you want to help with the FAQ (anything from note-taking and writing walkthroughs to web design), please PM or e-mail me.

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #10
Thank you Zeviz, I'll go through it now and PM as soon as I can.

Edit: I have to organize everything, and have a two-year-old visiting, so give me a day or two to get everything in order.

[ Thursday, June 23, 2005 20:27: Message edited by: Dolphin. ]
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #11
I always like the idéa of a group-effort.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #12
You are welcome to join in if you'd you like, Contra.
FAQSELF
Member # 3
Profile #13
Hi all,
I've been away on a trip for the past week, but have hammered out a FAQ of the demo version. I will probably post to GameFAQs shortly. Comments/additions, etc are always appreciated.

--------------------
A few cats short of a kitten pot pie...

Radioactive cats have 18 half-lives.
Check out a great source for information on Avernum 2, Nethergate, and Subterra: Zeviz's page.
Finally, there's my Geneforge FAQ, Geneforge 2 FAQ, and
Geneforge 3 FAQ.
Posts: 2831 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #14
Thank you, Dolphin. However I fear that there are more dedicated players to the Geneforge series that know allot more than I do, so I am unsure how much I can bring to the party.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #15
Project cancelled.

Apparently Schrodinger is more than halfway done with his faq, so whatever we make will be obsolete before it's finished. If anybody has any contributions, you can ask Schrodinger whether he wants them.

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #16
Okay.

[ Tuesday, June 28, 2005 13:50: Message edited by: Dolphin. ]