The Bulwark inn

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: The Bulwark inn
Apprentice
Member # 5975
Profile #0
Hi all,
I'm in the Bulwark in (Duh!) and am trying to get permission to get to the rest of the island.
Idiotic commander Sobel just keeps telling me his busy and to have a drink......
when I talk to the barman, I get a message about some shadowy figure I seem to recognise sitting at a table to the NW, but there's nobody there.
I've spoken to everyone else, but can't get ANYWHERE.....

Could some kind person tell this bumb simpleton what the h*ll he's missing, please??

It's driving me crazy!!!!
I've covered all the areas I can get to, spoken to every one I can, clicked on every "clickable" box, crate, urn etc.....all about 100 times each.... But am totally at a loss....

I just know it's going to turn out to be something extreamly simple......

Thanks in advance
Warrior
Member # 656
Profile Homepage #1
Hmmm...It sounds like a glitch. That "shadowy figure" is important, and should appear in the form of a shaper at the NW table of the bar. If he's not there, there's a problem.
Posts: 127 | Registered: Wednesday, February 20 2002 08:00
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #2
Master Hoge should be at the table in the inn, and when he sees you he is supposed to run off to the NW of the building. If the commander won't talk to you until that happens you'll have to load a save file, and see if it works the next time. Some of the bugs in GF3 seem to come go, and hopefully such is the case with this one.
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 5975
Profile #3
Thanks heaps for the advice.....
I reloaded a savedgame from before arriving on that island, but still no shadowy figure......
Guess I'll reinstall and start over....that should fix the glitch (I hope)...

Anyways, good to know it isn't just me being too stupid to figure out what I wasn't doing right :D

[ Saturday, June 18, 2005 15:13: Message edited by: Kangawallafox ]
Warrior
Member # 3340
Profile #4
quote:
Master Hoge should be at the table in the inn, and when he sees you he is supposed to run off to the NW of the building. If the commander won't talk to you until that happens you'll have to load a save file, and see if it works the next time. Some of the bugs in GF3 seem to come go, and hopefully such is the case with this one.
Really? Twice now, played as loyal shaper and now rebel; I end up fighting and killing him.

Is this normal?? :confused:

James

--------------------
Sometimes I just don't know anything about everything -- or do I ?
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #5
No, he is supposed to unleash a few creations and run away. He does that about three times before you corner him and have a conversation. If you attack him he'll stay and fight rather than run away as he is supposed to.

What he says isn't crucial to the game, but it's worth hearing.
Apprentice
Member # 5975
Profile #6
Finally got to see Master Hoge at the Inn, but like The Real Dragon King, Master Hoge didn't run away, but attacked me as soon as I entered the inn.....
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #7
Try reloading the save file a couple times. His reaction to entering combat changes slightly each time (fight or run).
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #8
Does his reaction depend on the pro-shaper v. pro-servile opinions you give?

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #9
No, it's just that sometimes he makes the creations and runs away (as he is supposed to), and sometimes he just attacks. It's a glitch, but reloading solves it.
Warrior
Member # 5986
Profile #10
This happened to me. I had used various editors to beef up my stats and killed Hoge in the beginning. He didn't show up at Bulwark or the Roamer Marsh, and I decided to start over. Is this what happened to you?

--------------------
Wu wei... it's the only way
Apprentice
Member # 5975
Profile #11
Nope! Haven't been able to get any of the scripts (editors) to work for me, so didn't kill him at the start.
He did show up at roamers marsh, just not the inn the first time round.....
reinstalled the game, restarted and he was there and attacked me this time through.