Pure Crystal Shard location

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Pure Crystal Shard location
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #0
Okay, I could have sworn that on two previous playings I found one Pure Crystal Shard in the game, in Litalia's bedroom in Benerii-Eo. But now I just turned one up in Hoge's bedroom, in Khor's Deep. Did I hallucinate before, or is there some randomness about which ingredient you find where?

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #1
Not as far as I know. Of all the ingrediants that i remember where i found them i found them in the same place as before and I just recently found the Pure Crystal Shard at Hoge's bedroom and made an infiltraitors ring.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #2
It could be I just didn't remember rightly, but it might be that the location of the Shard depends on whether you're a Rebel or a Loyalist. The dialogs in Khor's Deep have you pegged as one or the other -- they differ quite a bit depending on which it is. So perhaps the PSC location also varies, since if you're a Rebel but don't have enough leadership, you might never get into Hoge's bedroom, and the game might not want to lock you out of getting the Infiltrator's Ring in this case.

(BTW it looks as though it must be possible to kill Hoge before you get to him in Khor's Deep, because the script shows the possibility of meeting Mooralas there instead. Presumably this is also why the death text mentions only that 'the master of Khor's Deep' has been killed. I tried awfully hard to nail Hoge in the Bulwark Inn with my Guardian and Alwan, using speed to rush over to him and hem him in behind his table so he had to stay and fight. Just didn't have the oomph to take him down, alas. Maybe a Shaper with a good squad of creations could do it.)

--------------------
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #3
I've done it.

Hoge fires off bursts of Aura of Flames. Constantly. Kept toasting all my Vlish and my poor fragile Shaper.

Know what got him?

Hoge is filled with total terror!

After a couple of reloads, I tried it as a last ditch effort... He ran and stood in the corner and did not fight back. My Vlish had a hard time hitting him though. Had to hit him again with Terror a few times.

Terror seems to break the scripting somehow.

I guess I will face Mooralas in Khor's Deep. I did not know about that, thanks for the spoiler :P

Has anybody noticed how damaging Terror is now?

--------------------
If I could make just one wish, I would want a tasty vlish.

Geneforge IV. Still no tasty vlish.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #4
Ha! Congratulations!

That actually makes sense in context, since Hoge is awfully jumpy in that episode. Maybe he didn't realize the Bulwark Inn doesn't do decaf.

--------------------