Challenge - The Spiny Guardian

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Challenge - The Spiny Guardian
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #0
Lately there's been discussion of less typical offensive focuses, like missile weapons. Here's my challenge, if any of you are crazy enough to take it on. Run a character where your ONLY source of damage is STEEL SPINE enhancements. Details:

* Before spines are available, you can kill things however you like.
* Enemies that either do not have melee attacks (turrets, spawners, etc.) or will almost never use them (artila) can be dispatched by other means, as well.
* Dominate (and other dominating effects) are NOT okay, as that defeats the purpose of the challenge.
* Creations and NPCs are not in spirit, either (except as pacifist meatshields) (And no pyroroamer meatshields, kamikaze bombers are not pacifists)

A Guardian is obviously best suited to this challenge, though you're free to use the other classes. You'll want to pump Endurance a lot, as well as Healing Craft, and probably some Blessing Magic. You'll also need Strength and Luck, for their stun resistance. You'll need a LOT of stun resistance, so pull out those Glaahk Shields and Impervious Bands!

You'll also want to be careful what equipment you use your spines on, since they are in limited supply. Have, um, fun! ;)

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #1
Are Ripostes allowed?

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Post Navel Trauma ^_^
Member # 67
Profile Homepage #2
Why allow the exceptions for pre-spines and for turrets etc? It's possible to win without killing anything, so why not just say you can't kill anything until you find your spines?

--------------------
Barcoorah: I even did it to a big dorset ram.

New Mac BoE
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #3
I want to say no ripostes, but not being able to pump parry could be a hassle. *shrug* Use your best judgment.

Khoth has a good point. I suppose a true purist would not kill anything before getting spines!

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00