Item Locations and Questions.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Item Locations and Questions.
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #0
Where is the first Agent Cloak? (Khyrryks Tower?)

Where is the first set of Demon Claws? (Khyrryks Tower?)

Is there any artifact necklace and how do i create one?

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Warrior
Member # 3327
Profile #1
For q1: you can get Agent Cloaks with high luck. I don't know where that can happen, but at Phasia's Steelworks I got an agent cloak when one of the ghosts (not Zerik) dies. It doesn't happen all the time (or even often).
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #2
The Talisman of Might is next best thing to an artifact. It needs a gold necklace, a purifying elixir, and a Rotghroth fang.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #3
There is indeed a set of demon claws in Khyryk's tower. I can't remember where the other set is located, though.

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #4
The major objects (first draft, needs correction):

On Greenwood:
Blood Poison: dropped by the venemous artila in the caves under Kentia South Gate on Greenwood.

On Harmony:
Crystalline Fibers (1): crypt under West Dock.
Solidified Flame (1): storeroom under San Ru.

On Dhonal's:
Deep Crystal: in the Inner Purification Plant.
Deep Focus Orb (1): in Spharon's back room
Unmelting Ice: Darkstone Core, SW corner.
Crystalline Fibers (2): somewhere??

On Gull:
Purified Essence (1): bedroom in Khor's Deep (?)
Solidified Flame (2): in Maker's End somewhere (?)
Demon Claws (1): Khyryk's Tower, in a back room.

On Spears:
Drakon Skin (1): Orois Blaze, breeding valley
Drakon Skin (2): vatbrood Drakon, Forest of Spires
Demon claw (2): Benerii-Eo, demon-golem NE corner.
Pure Crystal Shard: Benerii-Eo, Litalia's bedroom

In Monastery Caves:
Purified Essence (2): Ratlord Eye drops it
Crystalline Fibers (3): somewhere
Deep Focus Orb (2): Alpha Creator drops it
Drakon Skin (3): boss Drakon in NE corner

What objects you can make when (assuming you find enough Demon's Bile for the elixirs!)

You can't make any artifact until Dhonal's Isle, where you can make
the Creator's Belt (if you give up the chance of making the Crystalline Shroud before the end of the game), or
the All-Protector.

On Gull you can make:
the Emerald Chestguard (if you postpone making the
Avenger's Ring from near the end of the game
to very near the end);
the Crystalline Shroud (if you give up making the
Creator's Belt until the end of the game);
the Essence Aegis (if you give up making the
Infiltrator's Ring until the end of the
game);

On Spears you can make:
the Lightning Girdle;
the Infiltrator's Ring (if you haven't made the
Essence Aegis);
the Avenger's Ring.

Practically speaking, the All-Protector is always worth making since even if you don't use it you can sell it for a lot. It's probably not worth pushing hard to get it early, because it's very tough to get the Unmelting Ice if you can't take the golem monstrosity, and it isn't such a revolutionary item to have anyway.

The Creator's Belt is well worth making for a Shaper, but an Agent should skip it in favor of making the Crystalline Shroud sooner. For a Guardian the issues are how much you use creations, whether you're willing to postpone the Avenger's Ring a bit in order to use the Emerald Chestguard instead of the Crystalline Shroud, and whether you'd rather have some other attribute-buffing Girdle instead anyway.

The Crystalline Shroud is a must-do for the Agent: get it as soon as you can because it's fantastic.
A Shaper is going to have the Creator's Belt instead. A Guardian who forewent the Belt, and is willing to sacrifice some of the Emerald Chestguard's protection in order to get the Avenger's Ring early on the Isle of Spears, will definitely want the Crystalline Shroud for its +2AP.

The Essence Aegis is a fine item for anyone, unless you are planning to use ultra-high Leadership and Mechanics to good effect in the final major missions, in which case you'll want to hold off so you can make the Infiltrator's Ring soon after getting into Benerii-Eo.

The Lightning Girdle is great for Agents and Guardians, and you can make it early on the Isle of Spears. The Rings can only be made quite late in the game, after penetrating Benerii-Eo.

In my opinion the only really amazing artifacts are the Shroud and the Chestguard. The Creator's Belt is a bit hard to notice, but probably makes quite a difference, so it's the most important one for a Shaper. The two shields are nice but not game-changing, and the Rings are both excellent but come so late in the game that they don't end up making that much difference.

--------------------
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #5
How about posting the stats of what these items do as part of that FAQ. Good work!

What they do could be an important factor in making the right choice.

--------------------
If I could make just one wish, I would want a tasty vlish.

Geneforge IV. Still no tasty vlish.
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #6
I will go ahead and correct you right away: There is another pod of Purified Essence, early int he game. I know this because i "wasted" mine on a creators belt as i played Agent, but i found another one before i left Gull Island and thus were able to make the very handy Essence Aegis. This means that there are three of them in the game, sadly i can't remember where i got them.

What does the necklace of might do?

...And Edited for the second time, what does the Shroud do? I never tried to make it since i did not think it would give +2 AP aswell, and no matter what boost to skills it does nothing can beat two extra AP.

[ Wednesday, May 11, 2005 11:05: Message edited by: Contra ]

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #7
Emerald Chestguard
def 50%
+2 AP
+2 levels damage
+2% resist all
+18% resist stun

Crystalline Shroud
def 16%
+2 AP
+30% resist stun
+12% resist all
+3 creation strength

Shroud for shapers, Chestguard for guardians/agents

All-Protector
def 12%
+5% resist all
+20% resist stun
+2 levels damage

Essence Aegis
def 12%
+2 spellcraft
+2 healing craft
+1 int

Both are probably inferior to Quicksilver Bulwark, but
Aegis for shapers/agents, All-Pro for guardians

Infiltrator's Ring
def 2%
+2 dex
+2 leadership
+2 mechanics
+2 luck

Avenger's Ring
def 6%
+15% resist stun
+2 melee weapons
+4 quick action

Infiltrator's Ring for anyone except melee guardians

Creator's Belt
def 20%
+2 creation str, dex, int, end

Lightning Girdle
6%
+1 AP
+3 parry
+2 dex

Belt for shapers, Girdle for guardians/agents

and then there's the spectacular, spectacular
Talisman of Might
+4 str

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #8
The Creator's Belt takes Blood Poison and a Deep Focus Orb, no purified essence. So are you sure you found a third Purified Essence?

--------------------
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #9
Thanks for the stats. You should include the weights, though: that's what makes the Crystalline Shroud better for Agents. (Protection doesn't matter because you never get attacked, but you can't afford to be encumbered.) Does the Creator's Belt really give armor 20%?

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #10
Yes, it does give armor +20.

I am unsure what i used it on then, but i am still rather sure i got two.

--------------------
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #11
The +2 levels damage from the Chestguard is great for agents, as it affects spells as well as melee and missile combat. The weight difference isn't that huge - Chestguard is 20.0, Shroud is 12.5. That's less than a point of strength in encumbrance, and late in the game one point of strength is a lot cheaper than two levels of magic.

--------------------
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #12
Hmm, I didn't realize that about the spell damage being boosted too. I guess you're right about the Emerald Chestguard being better late in the game, even for an Agent.

What I've now realized is the main advantage of the Crystalline Shroud, which made it seem so fantastic for my Agent, is just that it's available very early. You can manage it when you're just getting into Dhonal's Isle, and that's a lot of fighting that's much easier for an Agent, before you can make it into the back rooms of Mr. Khyryk.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #13
What IS +2Levels of damage, really? What is a Level of Damage..? Is it another level of spell damage, for example another 1-6 damage to the firebolt spell (I think it did 1-6 standard)?

--------------------
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #14
A level of damage is basically an extra die, in tabletop RPG terms. It's fairly easy to see that all damage ranges in GF are summed dies. Thus a 4-16 damage dagger is 4d4, the sum of four random numbers between 1 and 4. This works similarly for missiles and spells, though the numbers may be different. In GF2, at least, and GF3 is probably the same, Firebolt was d4, Searer was d5, Ice Bolt was d6, Kill was d12 I think.

I'm not 100% sure the "+X to levels of damage" works this way, but it looks like it does. Basically, it's like +X to battle magic (and presumably to damaging spells like terror, too), missile weapons and melee weapons, except that it doesn't give you the to-hit bonus.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #15
When you look at it that way..+2 Levels of BM is really nice.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #16
New Item Question: There is a pair of gloves somewhere on the lower part of Isle o Spears that gives +4 SC. I found them when playing as a loyalist and i think that they come from killing a Rotgroth when the camp is being attacked (the first time you visit it). Is there any way to gain them as a Rebel?

--------------------
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #17
Are you sure about this?
There are no gloves listed in the scripts that give +4 spellcraft.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #18
I am positive. I know very well that i saw them, i pondered about it but i decided to keep my OrnkSkin Gloves instead. Really weird that they are not listed, but i know what i saw.

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #19
I don't suppose you remember the name of these gloves?

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #20
Sorry, i don't, but i know that they were white (if that helps?) and maybe have something like "Puresteel" in their name, but i am unsure.

--------------------
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #21
Oops, my bad. You're right... you're thinking of the Putrefied Gauntlets.
(8% armor, str -2, dex -2, 20% resist acid, +4 spellcraft)
I don't know how my first sweep missed them...

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #22
That's them allright, but hwere can i get my paws on them?

--------------------
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #23
I'm not sure you can get them anywhere else. I haven't, anyway.

Unfortunately, the scripts don't contain any information on either initial item locations or item drops -- although you can find quest item rewards. There is a drop_item command, but it is only used with thorn bushes.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #24
Asi said, i got them on Isle of Spears once, probably during the attack on the loyalist camp. So i guess that a Rebel can't get em, eh?

--------------------

Pages