Parry nerfed

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Parry nerfed
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #0
So it seems Parry has been weakened a lot in G3: with Parry of 10, my early game Guardian is getting a parry chance of around 20%.

What it looks like is that the cheap cost of Parry as a skill is sort of misleading, because to get anything worthwhile you really need a lot of points in it: 10 is the new 4.

But, if you put it like that, I guess it's okay. Or?

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #1
Parry is defiantly weaker. The first time I played I put a good number of points (12) into it thinking it would prevent me form getting killed, but discovered I was getting hit anyway. The times thereafter the only points that went into parry were what the canisters gave. Having used those 12 points in endurance, spell craft, and tool use was far more beneficial.

[ Monday, May 09, 2005 07:30: Message edited by: Dolphin ]
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #2
At level 15 parry provides 30% chance of deflection. Parry may not totally prevent damage. But it does reduce damage significantly. While it might be annoying that most creatures still hit you, look at how many HPs they are taking off.

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #3
As i have pointed out before; Yes, Parry is nerfed. Parry shpould be ignored alltogether unless you are playing as a Guardian, something i have never done so far since recent reports indicate that they suck nads.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #4
It wasn't really worthwhile for anyone but Guardians even in G2; the point is that even for Guardians, who can easily get really high Parry, it now seems a poor investment.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00