Genefroge 1

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Genefroge 1
Apprentice
Member # 6834
Profile #0
Is it possible to play through it with out using canisters(and yet be able to create creations)?

[ Wednesday, February 13, 2008 00:27: Message edited by: Bubb9 ]
Apprentice
Member # 12720
Profile #1
the game assumes that you used the canisters through the game, so it doesn't matter if use them or not the endings won't change.
And it is possible to finish the game if you use a guardian...though it's very hard and you won't be able to learn magic or shaping.
Shock Trooper
Member # 9906
Profile Homepage #2
I knew all the newbs gather in geneforge!

--------------------
Vivan los Drayks! Viva Khyryk! Vivan los Serviles! Vivan los Travokites!
Tastes like Bambi, delicious
No matter what name I have, people can call me Xel
Pylons! this is what you send to blizzard if they cancel Starcraft 2.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #3
New people can gather anywhere they want.

You can do a few things in G1 without canisters, but not very much. With high leadership or by joining sects, you can pick up training in some skills from NPCs. And you can pick up skills by reading the preserved documents in certain tombs. I think you can maybe get a couple of spells and creations by these means, but you will never get the high level ones.

You can probably still win the game without canisters if you are playing a Guardian. I know the game has been finished without canisters, but I don't remember whether it was really finished successfully, or whether the player just managed to find the boat and get off Sucia Island.

If you're playing G1 for the first time, get every canister you can find (except for one bad one and one useless one — feel free to skip those). The game plot assumes that you use a lot of them; it's only in G2 and later that using fewer canisters has any meaning.

[ Wednesday, February 13, 2008 05:28: Message edited by: Student of Trinity ]

--------------------
Listen carefully because some of your options may have changed.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #4
Xel, one of the main reasons this forum is here is so that new players can ask questions about the game.

Try to be a little friendlier, eh?

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
"Slartucker is going to have a cow when he hears about this," Synergy said.
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 6834
Profile #5
Actualy I'm not a new player. I just haven't played Geneforge in awhile but I've played 3 and 4.
Shock Trooper
Member # 9906
Profile Homepage #6
quote:
Is it possible to play through it with out using canisters(and yet be able to create creations)?
In a word, yes.

--------------------
Vivan los Drayks! Viva Khyryk! Vivan los Serviles! Vivan los Travokites!
Tastes like Bambi, delicious
No matter what name I have, people can call me Xel
Pylons! this is what you send to blizzard if they cancel Starcraft 2.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #7
You know, after two people have already answered the question, it doesn't make sense to answer it again unless you have new, relevant information to add. It makes even less sense to answer it with less (and misleading) information than the previous two answers.

Dikiyoba.

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb Reloaded