G2 - editing items (letter to rising)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: G2 - editing items (letter to rising)
Apprentice
Member # 526
Profile #0
I was carrying around that stupid letter for a long time, and when i finally got to rising, it was gone. Probably sold it, and none of the merchants had it anymore. What a pain! Is there any way I can get this item back to complete the quest? The save I made when I had it was waaaaay back.
BANNED
Member # 10430
Profile #1
Usually I dump all the plot items/artifacts/collectables/so-so items that I don't have the heart to sell, at a friendly town's entrance, or near a merchant.

If you do the same (I suspect a lot of people do), maybe you should go back and check your junk piles.

--------------------
"I am Barzhal, and I am here to ask you a question:
Is a man not entitled to the products of his own essence?

No, says the servile in Medab. It belongs to the oppressed.
No, says the Shaper in Terrestia. It belongs to the Shaper Council.
No, says the Trakovite in hiding. It belongs to no-one.

I rejected those answers. Instead, I chose something
different. I chose the impossible. I chose… Ascension."
Posts: 136 | Registered: Wednesday, September 12 2007 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 526
Profile #2
I do the same thing. But unfortunately it wasn't there anymore. The item is sellable, so I suspect I accidentally sold it.
Apprentice
Member # 526
Profile #3
Solved!

This was a big work-around, but maybe it will offer hope to others faced in a similar situation: that is, needing an item and not knowing where it is.

1. get the G2 item editor (the links for this are dead, but somewhere deep in the forum someone posted the code in full).

2. look in file gforscen in scripts folder for the item number you want to edit.

3. change for example one of the essence orbs or whatever that the item editor offers with the number you want.

4. install and run editor. Hope this helps!