Slowdown problem with Geneforge 1

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Slowdown problem with Geneforge 1
Apprentice
Member # 8530
Profile #0
Hello,

I downloaded Geneforge 1, and not long into the game, in certain sections of the first areas, the game is suffering large slowdowns as to make the game unplayable.

My PC:
AMD64 3400+
2.5 GB ram
Geforce 7600GT 256mb
Soundblaster live.
XP home SP2.

I have tried all the tips on getting the game to work posted at this website (Redownloading, drivers, etc) and to no avail. All of my other games work fine (Avernum 4 works fine, and my demo's of the other Avernums also work perfectly). I have read other posts in here with similar problems, but no solutions. I am wondering if any solutions have been found?
Warrior
Member # 7638
Profile #1
(This needs to be moved to Tech Support) Are you running it in the right resolution? And are there any antivirus programs that would interfere with it running in the background?

--------------------
"640K ought to be enough for anybody."
-- Bill Gates, 1981

"But what ... is it good for?"
--Engineer at the Advanced Computing Systems Division of IBM, 1968, commenting on the microchip.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7331
Profile Homepage #2
Mod, any mod, please lock this thread and/or move it to TechSupp, please and thank you.

That doesn't make much sense. If A4, a much newer and powerful game works well, why would G1 mess up? Perhaps your virus software is acting up.

--------------------
You Shall Die Laughing: http://www.worfthecat.ermarian.net/converted

The Roost: www.roost01.proboards104.com. Birds of a feather flock together.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #3
Sent to Tech Support.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00