[GF3] Money cap? Also, editing character speed?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: [GF3] Money cap? Also, editing character speed?
Warrior
Member # 8338
Profile #0
The first one's fairly straightforward - for some reason the money cap on my character is capped at 30,000. No matter what I seel or to whom I can't get above 30,000 gold nor can I transfer any out. I can always cheat to get more gold if I ever need it but this is still quite a bother :(

I also played around a bit with the character editor for GF3 (the one by Slp006, both files). I didn't get far because I didn't want to spoil the fun and challenge of the game for myself, but the way my character's walking speed was sped up by itemschars.txt was nice. A bit too nice I'm afraid since it made me motion sick (haha, yeah) and I was wondering if anyone knew which value to change to modify the walking speed so I could set it to fast... but not too fast.

Thanks!
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #1
30,000 is the max amount of money you can have at one time. Sorry, there's no way around this.

On the other hand, you can change the walking speed of your character. The default speed is 24, so find wherever cr_walk_speed is higher than that and change it to suit your taste.

Dikiyoba.
Warrior
Member # 8338
Profile #2
Thank you for the reply!

My only question though is... why is 30,000 the limit? Is this a coding limitation or was some other explanation proposed by Jeff? At least I know about this for the next walkthrough so I can save valuable equipment to sell when money runs low.

I'll fiddle around with the character walk speed, thank you for that as well :)
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #3
quote:
Originally written by Eugi:

My only question though is... why is 30,000 the limit? Is this a coding limitation or was some other explanation proposed by Jeff?
Coding limitation. 32,767 is the largest number that can be held in a signed two-byte integer. If your gold went over that amount somehow, it'd wrap around and become negative.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 8338
Profile #4
Aw nuts.

Makes me wish I could shift+click the gold amount and make little stacks of gold like ones you find on the ground or in chests.

Any word if this has been implemented in GF4?

Also, unrelated but are you able to make map annotations in GF4? I see question marks and the like on maps in screenshots. *hopes*
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #5
No, it hasn't, so don't sell valuable pieces of equipment once you start approaching the limit, or go out and buy a bunch of spells, creations, canisters, living tools, etc.

The little question marks just identify important areas on the map. Click on them and the name of the area will show up. Like "shop" on a shop or something similar.

Dikiyoba.