Creation choice

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Creation choice
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #0
Quick question: which is it better to have, a level 35 cryoa or a level 35 cryodrayk?

Edit: GF2, if that matters.

[ Sunday, December 17, 2006 07:20: Message edited by: Micawber. ]

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #1
Depends on the game.

In G1, the cryodrayk is a lot better since it will have earned more levels from being shaped than XP, and those are better in G1.

In G2 and G3, the cryoa is probably better, as it will be significantly cheaper and only a little bit worse. You could pump its stats and get something similar or possibly better.

In G4, it is the same paradigm as G2/3, except that you are unlikely to get a cryoa to level 35 so easily, so it may lean towards the cryodrayk instead. Note that in G4 both creations are less useful, since ice breath no longer has a 70% chance of stunning.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 7735
Profile #2
I like cryodrayks, because even though they're much more expensive, and have a higher chance of fleeing/going rogue, they have higher damage, and a lot of accuracy. I suspect that it may have more HP and spell energy as well.
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #3
Thanks.

The cryodrayk had a little more health, but a lot less spell energy.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #4
I don't use either creature unless I really, really, really have to. As I've posted on other threads, I prefer to work alone. When I do create a creature, I tend to favor Glaahks and (when I can make--and afford--them) Ur-Glaahks.

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.

If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.