Melee Guardian, with 100% Completion

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Melee Guardian, with 100% Completion
Warrior
Member # 7735
Profile #0
Hi again, everyone. I'm starting a melee (no missiles), low-mid magic (Only healing craft), some creations (magic probably) Guardian. I'm playing in torment, and I'm striving to achieve 100% game completion, which includes the Monestary.

Does anyone have any advice on playing the "challenge" class of Geneforge 3, e.g. which side is better to join?

Thanks in advance for all feedback.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #1
Melee is at times extremely difficult to do without assistance from Daze, or creations.

Parry is worthwhile, as it reduces damage greatly.

The regeneration enhancement, on a weapon, will be your best friend, draining large numbers of HP per attack.

However, if you are making creations that's all out the window. Vlish are so disgustingly overpowered in G3 (if you pump magic shaping, make em early and let em gain levels) that the game becomes a cake walk even on Torment. Artila are also good. And they are cheap enough for Guardian use. Even one or two Vlish companions will be a big help, as you get lots of stunning and slowing action each turn.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 7735
Profile #2
Ah, daze. I don't think I can really cast it, as I will drain all of my Spell Energy in 1 or 2 castings. Also, I don't think it is nearly effective for a Guardian as it is for an Agent.

Parry seems activate more frequently than the percentage actually should be. (e.g. elite warriors of Inner Keep have 3 % parry, but its more like 5-7% chance of parrying) However, my Guardian with 8 % parry parried more like 2 % of attacks. It might be just the random rolls, however.

Vlish, I just hope I can get enough essence to make a few. Guardians aren't known for having a lot of Essence without major INT investment.

And thanks again for the reply :)

EDIT: Spelling.

[ Saturday, December 16, 2006 21:18: Message edited by: Good Canisters ]
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #3
Daze became really effective in GF3 since it now affects all enemies within a certain range. Even if you don't affect all of them it means that some won't attack so you can close to melee without taking as much damage. The daze spell group is the most useful since healing and blessing magic can be done from items.
Warrior
Member # 7735
Profile #4
Yes, I've personally seen daze at its maximum potential. My agent hasted at 15 AP: shoot shoot daze, shoot shoot daze, repeat. However, using a good amount of skill points to get 1 into mental magic, is it worth it?

EDIT: Daze is surprisingly effective for my Guardian. At 3 spell strength, (yay for carnelian gloves) it kept 6 creations dazed for 5 rounds, making them easy targets.

[ Sunday, December 17, 2006 17:09: Message edited by: Good Canisters ]
Canned
Member # 7704
Profile #5
Try with an agent they own the majority of time, but just try with fire creations they are an excellent mix of melee and range use glaaks they stun and take an enemie to them selves and deal with them, to an unstable situation they will save your back .

[ Tuesday, December 19, 2006 09:04: Message edited by: opon mars ]

--------------------
You can jump off a bridge, fire a gun in your mouth, drink poison,or going in to the tiger's pit but you will still end up dead it's a mater of time and how .