"Powergaming" Harmony Isle

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: "Powergaming" Harmony Isle
Warrior
Member # 7735
Profile #0
I'm an all canister agent, playing on torment as a loyalist defecting to a rebel (for the training). I don't have either Alwan or Greta, nor ever plan to use them or make any creations, ever. My question is: is it possible to receive both of the major rewards of helping both rebel and loyalist? Can you defeat the twin minds and the 4 spawners, returning to Diwaniya to pick up an exp bonus and also give Lankan his canister? If so, how should I approach the two leaders? Upon giving Lankan his canister, Diwaniya no longer lets you complete his quest. If you complete Diwaniya's quest first, is it still possible to give Lankan his canister, or will they already be hostile?
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #1
-X- isn't completely sure, but he thinks that you should go to Diwaniya first, and then Lankan. -X- prefers to exterminate the rebels in every way possible, but he's a fanatic.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Warrior
Member # 5363
Profile Homepage #2
Lankan and crew won't be hostile if you destroy the rogues. Actually, its kind of odd that he doens't thank you or anything. Anyway, I do think you can give him the canister after you report the reward to Diwiana. Though, get all training done before you give him the canister.
Also, for powergaming purposes, I think you will get more XP/stuff for giving it to the purity officer. If you have the living tools/gold, you can break into the storerooms and take the canisters anyway. I know this gives you some loyalty points, but it won't permanently mess you up..,, theres enough opinion ppl to go around.

--------------------
Learn from others mistakes. Its safer
and more entertaining than learning on your own.
Warrior
Member # 7735
Profile #3
Thanks for your confirmation. It is greatly appreciated.
Warrior
Member # 7735
Profile #4
I'm sorry to have to post again, but since no one has posted in a bit of time, and I have something people should be quite aware of:

Powergaming has a lot of perils. A huge danger. I first helped Diwaniya by killing the twin mind and the 4 spawners, and I reported success. I then gave Lankan his crystal canister, and I went back to San Ru. As I entered, it displayed a warning message that Diwaniya may get angry at me. When I stepped into his room, he went hostile and killed me in one hit with his essence orbs. Now, I was very very angry, because of two things: I had my supply cache behind Diwaniya, in the room where he has an essence pool, and I saved right after I gave Lankan his canister. My last save was about 5 or more hours ago. My life's equipment up to the end of Harmony Isle was stored there, and I stared at Diwaniya in disbelief with my level 17 singleton traitorous agent. I had no companions, and no knowledge of shaping, nor did I plan to ever to do so. I casted haste on my agent, and ran to the supply cache room (in combat mode), and closed the door. Here begins my epic battle against Diwaniya and his minions, on torment, with a level 17 singleton agent. I also vowed not to cheat.

First, I regained all the essence and spell points with the essence pool. Then, I searched through my cache to find an armor potion, which I used in conjunction with my augmentation to give me a 50% chance of surviving Diwaniya's essence orbs, which hit 150-170 on me, as I wear very light armor. 160 HP wasn't enough, and worse, all my enemies acted before me. So I was forced to abuse combat mode, in haste, with 12 AP. I opened the door, then quickly switched to combat mode (cheap way to act faster then people who would normally go first) and rushed out, to be met by a glaahk and an battle alpha which massacred me. I reloaded, hasted, blessed, opened the door, and shot searer at the alpha, closed the door and waited for him to die. After the Alpha died, I reopened the door with haste and bless and ice sprayed the glaahk to death. (This process actually forced me to reload about 5 times, because I had to figure out how to do everything perfectly.) I proceeded to run out, and didn't turn on combat mode before I stepped out and got shot by Diwaniya's essence orbs and died again. Reload. Haste, bless, combat mode abuse. Ran out to where Norell was standing with 10 AP left, shot him with searer and ran. He didn't die, but lost about 100 HP after the acid was gone, so I repeated and finished him off. By then, Diwaniya created more creations, and I had to perform hit and run on them too. Finally, Diwaniya was all alone. I ran just out of his sight and blessed. I walked one step, and seared him, but I didn't see that I had 9 AP! I forgot to haste! :mad: Diwaniya shot me with his essence orbs, leaving me with about 5 HP. I ran back, healed, blessed and hasted. I seared him, and hit and ran and hit and ran. Finally, after about 3 times, I struck the killing blow to him. It feels so great to have powergamed Harmony to it's maximum extent, and to have killed Diwaniya at level 17, meriting a hefty 80 Exp and a bonus of a Shaped Breastplate and a Symbiotic Cloak. :)

[ Tuesday, December 12, 2006 19:40: Message edited by: GoodCanisters ]
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #5
The purity officer gives the acid-drip sword as a reward for the canister, IIRC. You don't want to miss that unless you never ever intend to melee.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 7735
Profile #6
quote:
Originally written by Everything Remains To Be Done:

The purity officer gives the acid-drip sword as a reward for the canister, IIRC. You don't want to miss that unless you never ever intend to melee.
As a matter of fact, I never want to melee. It will be another challenge for my agent, no melee for the entire game starting now.

Thanks to all for pointing out that Danell (the purity officer) hands out hefty exp bonuses. It would be somewhat insane however to never make a single pro-shaper view or action starting now, I really don't need that much of a challenge right now...

[ Tuesday, December 12, 2006 19:46: Message edited by: GoodCanisters ]