scripting help.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: scripting help.
Apprentice
Member # 7251
Profile #0
I don't get the whole set_flag and sdf thing, could someone explain it?
Warrior
Member # 7223
Profile Homepage #1
I don't have much experience in scripting, but an SDF (Stuff Done Flag) flag shows that events have happened. Usually, if it has a zero, that means it hasn't happened. If it has a one, that means it has happened. Futhermore, I believe there are SDF flags that have multiple values. Say, for Greta's spells, 0=Fireball, 1=Searer, and 2=Essence Orbs.

Of course, I could be wrong.

EDIT: Listen to Kelandon. He has more experience than I do.

[ Friday, June 23, 2006 13:20: Message edited by: Elijah ]

--------------------
Polaris

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
- H.P. Lovecraft
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #2
Hmm, GF. It works the same way as BoA, and you should look up how BoA's flags work.

I feel as though the BoA docs have a good description of them in the abstract. If you want to see how they're used (with an explanation), I wrote an article about it.

Basically, you use flags to keep track of whether stuff has happened or not. When the party steps on a space, you can set flag (0,4) to 1, and then if you want to know if the party has stepped on that space, you can check the value of flag (0,4). If it's 0, then the party hasn't, and if it's 1, then it has.

Flags range in value from 0 to 255. If you want to track the party's progress in a dungeon, you can set flag (0,5) to 1 when they get past the first part, 2 when the get past the second, and 3 when they get past the third.

[ Friday, June 23, 2006 13:19: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00