Items to hold on to

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Items to hold on to
Apprentice
Member # 7136
Profile #0
Hi everybody
im kind of new to Geneforge 3 and im wondering what items i should hold on to?
thx

--------------------
'If it wern't for electricity we would all be watching tv by candle light' George Gobol
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #1
Hang on to anything that looks unusual, valuable, or odd. Many items (like artila eyes) can be used to forge items. Herbs are useful for a quest.

Not having played G3 much, that's about all Dikiyoba knows.
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #2
There are, however, several duplicates of most items. I usually leave everything I find in piles by town entrances, and when I run out of cash I sell the items that I have a lot of.

Honestly, I played the first time through without forging anything and sold everything in sight.
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Warrior
Member # 7002
Profile #3
Let's see:
Reaper Batons
Guardian Claymore
Reapers
Guardian Cloak
Demon Claws- There's only two of these in the game.
Artila Eyes
Agent Robe
Omnicharm-Duh.
Any kind of charm. There's a bunch
Tek's Spectral Dirk.
This is all off the top of my head, so...
Sorry if I confused any GF3 items with GF2 items.
And Miya's strategy works great. Just don't put to many items in one zone or they'll start disappearing (at 200 items, I believe).
A lot of deciding whch items to keep depends on what kind of character your playing.

--------------------
Polaris
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #4
If you are talking about mundane items, the only quest items are Herbs and Shaper Tools. So you can sell things like Iron Bars and Paper. There are a couple quests that require use of common items like hammer or tea cup, but those items are freely available everywhere, so you don't need to save them ahead of time.

As for forging ingredients, check Schrodinger's faq ( http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/game/928999.html ) for recepies. Or just keep a couple copies of each unusual item and largely ignore forging early on.

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #5
quote:
Originally written by Zeviz:

There are a couple quests that require use of common items like hammer or tea cup, but those items are freely available everywhere, so you don't need to save them ahead of time.
That is, of course, until you actually get the quest. Then, suddenly, there never seem to be any. I would recommend either knowing how to give items to yourself or saving the four quest items if you don't know how.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #6
But if your character is obsessive-compulsive like Dikiyoba's, you always know where to find unsellable mundane items. They've all been collected and dumped into designated "junk item zones" in nineteen neat piles of ten items each.
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #7
Yes, and of course it is Dikiyoba's character who's obsessive-compulsive. Nothing to do with the player whatsoever. No siree.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Apprentice
Member # 7136
Profile #8
I hear alot of people talking about just making dump piles and I was just wondering, dont you guys sell anything? And if you dont how do you make money?

--------------------
'If it wern't for electricity we would all be watching tv by candle light' George Gobol
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #9
Well, some things are too important to be sold like living tools, essence pods, javelins, etc. because they might be useful later on. Other things aren't worth anything, like trash.

Originally by Micawber:

quote:
Yes, and of course it is Dikiyoba's character who's obsessive-compulsive. Nothing to do with the player whatsoever.
Right. The fact that Dikiyoba's shirts are all hanging up in Dikiyoba's closet arranged by color proves nothing.
Apprentice
Member # 7152
Profile #10
Hee. Man, I wish I was anywhere near that neat. I keep forgetting where I've stashed my living tools *this* game. Or I stash the gemstones in a different place from the beautiful crystals, and both places are not the one that contains the anvil. Naturally, it was the *one* game where I actually started making such heavy use of icy crystals that I did want to forge a few.

Actually, I sell all javelins (well, I might use one on the hurt battle alpha). I'm always too weak to carry enough to be practical. So I use the money to upgrade firebolt, hehe. *That* doesn't weigh anything.