GF1 - Playing without cannisters

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: GF1 - Playing without cannisters
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #0
I just finished Geneforge 1 and was wondering if anyone has played the game without using a single cannister or just 1 cannister from the first 2 areas?

I can see a guardian being able to get through even on Torment. An agent can get by with just the firebolt cannister or wait to the Ruined School since he is almost a guardian in fighting ability. A shaper would have trouble with just a fyora as the only creation type.

If anyone has done it what did you play and what level of skill? Also is there a different ending?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
Someone once tried to finish Geneforge 1 while gaining as little experience and using as few canisters as possible. He finished at experience level 5 without using any canisters. No difference in ending. I don't know what difficulty he was playing on, but I'm guessing he found it pretty damn hard whatever the difficulty was. :P

[ Wednesday, May 17, 2006 22:10: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shock Trooper
Member # 6754
Profile #2
I played through Geneforge without using canisters. The only place I couldn't fight through was Guarded Docks and the Shaper Crypt. But I made it off the island. And yeah, no ending difference. But I had high levels ...

--------------------
One of these words is mispelled.