Is there an island-hopping cheat code?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Is there an island-hopping cheat code?
Warrior
Member # 1412
Profile #0
It'd save quite a few clicks and a lot of hassle. Btw, I always wondered why you couldn't just "zap" through islands like you could through cleared areas (at least where the islands are on the same map), even though the boats never "move" when you use them.

[ Thursday, April 14, 2005 02:57: Message edited by: Mav ]
Warrior
Member # 1668
Profile #1
I believe the answer to this is "no."
As to the skipping from island to island, this has been talked about in another thread -- to paraphrase, it's a trade-off between the nice realism of actually traveling from island to island and preseving this as a difference between G3 and its predecessors (why else have it be island-based?) and the inconvenience of having to traipse across the island every time you want to return to earlier isles.
Personally, I like the preservation of the island 'feel' -- it only takes a minute or two of your life to cross back, and you don't have to do it with any great frequency.

--------------------
"Mongo only pawn in game of life" -- Mongo
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #2
Well, if you use the "exitzone" cheat in a dungeon level (like Inner Keep, Clawbug Lair, etc) you'll go back to South End on the first island.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #3
I learned that the hard way while on the Isle of Spears. Took many boats to get back to where I wanted to be.
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00