Keeping your old pets around (GF2)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Keeping your old pets around (GF2)
Warrior
Member # 5363
Profile Homepage #0
Im playing geneforge2 (actually, ive been playing for a while, so NO comment) and im playing a shaper (Always do). Anyway, through the tutorial, ive been going alone, (1 Creation XP penalty early hurts a LOT, 120-96). Ok, got to drypeak, did some "Creative shopthrifting" "Conduct of shady business practices" and some other "Creative" Ways to "Salvage" 280 GP. Anyway, managed to get a cryoa before leaving drypeak. Anyway, I know cryoas are pretty awesome, Esp early game, but later on, should I really keep him around? I mean, ive heard that some of the other creations (Like Drayks) are pretty awesome, and I can only take 4 types....

--------------------
Learn from others mistakes. Its safer
and more entertaining than learning on your own.
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #1
A cryoa that I kept from the start of the game (made it the same way you did) was half as strong as Dryak for about 1/10th of the cost by the time I could get Dryaks. Eventually I did get rid of it because of the 4 creature types limit (I had more essence than I knew what to do with by that point), but a pair of cryoas (along with some periodically-replaced creations) served me well for most of the game. I didn't even invest any additional essence into them, so all stat gain came from level-up.

And a note about XP: the penalty is much smaller than the gain for other creations. (You lose about 20%, while your creations gain 100%.) Also, the higher your level, the less experience you get from killing same monsters and doing most quests, so there isn't much advantage in not making extra creations.

[ Monday, April 24, 2006 15:48: Message edited by: Zeviz ]

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.