Complaints on the troublesome call names...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Complaints on the troublesome call names...
Shock Trooper
Member # 4154
Profile #0
I want to complain about the call names in BoA... I was hoping for the calls to be more, well, standardized. For example, in some calls dealing with characters you spell out "character" in the call name and in others you spell out "char". This alone is really annoying, and there are other problems of the like, such as "special" and "spec" when it comes to certain special item calls. While I know fixing these will cause problems to those already working on scenarios, I still think it's a worthwhile thing to do, and I would be willing to redo some of my scenario's script (I'm working on one) in exchange for making things simpler. Basically, I made this into a topic instead of an e-mail to Jeff because I want to see how many people want this, and are willing to edit through their scenario to get it.

[ Monday, April 12, 2004 13:14: Message edited by: Eldiran ]

--------------------
You're a moron if you think I'm not.
Shock Trooper
Member # 4180
Profile #1
New "standardized" calls COULD be added while still leaving the current ones for backwards compatibility.

That said, yeah, I guess I'd have to say I find the inconsistencies mildly irritating. But fixing them is nowhere near the top of the list I would personally make for Jeff's priorities. ;)

-spyderbytes

--------------------
-spyderbytes
Apprentice
Member # 4231
Profile #2
I agree with, well, just about everything that has been said here.
It would be simple enough, I think, to add a new call that just calls the old call, yes?

--------------------
Lifetime Spiderweb Gamer
and Fan of Classic Style Graphics