A Small Beta

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: A Small Beta
Infiltrator
Member # 5576
Profile Homepage #0
You've been hired to test a computer program. Will you follow orders, or switch to using a different program?

Actually, there is only one program, and I need a few testers to try it out. The program in question is GraphicAdjuster 2.0, which is a vastly improved version compared to the original. It can now open multiple documents, edit cmg files, and repaint its windows properly. However, it occaissionally crashes in ways that I can never get to repeat. So I need a 3 or 4 people to try it out for a while and see how it works and if they can find a reproducable way to make it crash, so I can fix it. The program only works under Mac OS X, and I have no idea how it would behave or even work on an Intel processor.

--------------------
Überraschung des Dosenöffners!
"On guard, you musty sofa!"
Infiltrator
Member # 5576
Profile Homepage #1
*Bump*

I could really use some help.

--------------------
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #2
Yeah, I can look at it. I'll need to be doing a little with graphics anyway soon.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #3
I love the GraphicsAdjuster. Lifesaver.
Don't expect me to be able to pin-down crashes, but I am virtually guaranteed to try out all of the features anyway.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #4
Are there any plans to port this to Windows? Is that the same as porting it to work on an Intel processor?

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Infiltrator
Member # 5576
Profile Homepage #5
To the first question: There are none. The program consists almost entirely of code that has to do with resources (which don't exist with Windows), Quickdraw (which is deprecated even on Macs), or the user interface (which is in an old and if not deprecated, certainly antiquated form), so porting would as best I know involve throwing away 99% of the existing code. Better then for some windows user to make a new program from the ground up.
To the second question, No, I don't think it is. Theoretically I think this program might run on a Mac with an Intel processor, but it might not. As mentioned above, as far as I know essentailly none of the code is compatible with a windows environment.

If anyone is wondering the reason so much of what I used is old/deprecated stuff, the resources used by BoA are deprecated, and I borrowed the key grapic adjusting code from the 3D BoA Editor, so it uses Quickdraw. After I finish this, I hope to never write another Carbon program again. Never.

[ Monday, July 31, 2006 10:53: Message edited by: Niemand ]

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #6
quote:
Originally written by Niemand:

If anyone is wondering the reason so much of what I used is old/deprecated stuff, the resources used by BoA are deprecated, and I borrowed the key grapic adjusting code from the 3D BoA Editor, so it uses Quickdraw.
The 3D Editor's graphic-adjustment code is derived from BoA (Jeff sent Isaac the relevant portion of the code on request), so you can blame that on Jeff as well. :P

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 7401
Profile #7
Are you still looking for testers? If so, chuck me an email and I'll be happy to help :)

--------------------
Donny, you're out of your element!
Infiltrator
Member # 5576
Profile Homepage #8
No, I'm afraid not. The beta test never really went anywhere so I just released the program. If, however, you want to download and use the it, you can find it at the utilities page of my website, which can be reached through the link in my signature.

--------------------