Beams and Cutscenes

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Beams and Cutscenes
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #0
I want beams to turn off in a cutscene. I used set_terrain() to simply turn off their power sources, but this didn't work. I assume that BOA checks to see if the beams should be on at the start of each turn, so it doesn't realize that they should be off until after the cutscene ends. Is there any way to either make a turn pass during a cutscene, or somehow take the beams off space by space? The only thing I can think of is to end the cutscene, wait a turn until the beams switch off, then restart the cutscene. I'm not sure if that would look more sloppy than just leaving the beams on. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

--------------------
Guaranteed to blow your mind.

Frostbite: Get It While It's...... Hot?
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
Have you tried turning off the power source and erasing the beam projector? If that gets rid of a beam, you can just turn off the source, delete the projector, and place a new one on the same spot, all before you update the screen.

If not, you have to make the player physically press a button to make the time go forward. This may not be a bad thing in a cutscene anyway, especially if it is at all long.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00